N H L Returns: Official Ice hockey thread

Savage Henry

Series tied at 1-1 now. Sharks looked good last night and played some great hockey. They were unfortunate to lose first game as well. Dam I am starting to believe. This will not end well.

Blues have been abysmal in the first two games and still managed to get a win, happy with that. If you look at their record so far in these playoffs you'll see just how much better they've been away than at home. Looking forward to game 3 later.

San Jose has nothing to worry about. St Louis can't do anything right anymore the players just look knackered. They can't string two passed together, the shooting is poor and the top guys just haven't shown up. I think having the first two rounds go to game 7 didn't help but I'd be shocked if this series didn't finish 4-1.

Sharks played well and gave the Blues forwards nothing. Back to back shut outs. First time in franchise history the Sharks have taken the lead in a western conference final.

Edited by Jute

Ridiculous assist from Thornton. Trying to work out how to post the them, can only seem to post the link to twitter. Well worth a watch, i couldn't work out how the puck ended up there in real time.

Edited by sergie's no1 fan

San Jose Sharks in stepping up when it matters most shock.... that's why you passed out.  You fainted from shock.  Like a young Victorian lady.  Or a Hamilton fan.

As much as I've learned to live with the Sharks being the Bay Area team that lets the side down, that was one of the most impressive results in recent memory.    Joe Pavelski has really become the heir apparent to Joe Thornton.

Pavelski, Burns, Couture, Hertl, Jones the goalie, all stepping up.

I suppose the whole point of Hibsing is just when you begin to think things are looking good..... well you know.

Having only started watching the NHL again recently you wouldn't be able to tell they are bottle merchants but nowt has been won yet. Could have said the same about Hibs in February and the treble remark from Stubbs.

I'm watching the US v. Canada World Championship semi-final on the internet. It's not even on tv here as the station which has rights to the World Championship is showing an auto auction instead. Lot's of college and minor league guys on our team but we seem to be sticking with Canada. 3-3 at the second intermission. Canada's roster is a bit more stacked but it seems like both squads don't include most of the guys who will be competing in the World Cup. This Auston (Lol at that stereotypical hockey kid spelling) Matthews kid who's gonna be the first pick in the draft looks like the real deal.

I feel so bad for Fleury. I've always been a Fleury defender. He's unpopular with the more meathead side of the fanbase. I hate when I'm at a Pirates game and somebody lets a ball through their legs and people yell, "Nice job, Flower." I understand that he didn't live up to no. 1 pick, but he's a perfectly decent goalie. We made it to the 2008 Cup Final because of him. We lost to a much better team, so that accomplishment doesn't register with the fanbase. Every story I've heard about personal interactions with Fleury are positive. It's a tough situation to start at goal after sitting out. Murray's been good, but I think most people know that Fleury is better. This doesn't help his reputation. Best case scenario for the Pens is for Fleury to lead the Pens to the Cup and have trade value for Murray for help as Crosby and Malkin enter the end of their prime. I guess we could trade Fleury as well, but I'm not sure Murray is ready to lead us to the Cup as we enter the last few years of our window.

I know this shouldn't enter the conversation, but I always support Pittsburgh athletes who go out of their way to support the other teams. Fleury has done that. I'm rooting for him.

I feel so bad for Fleury. I've always been a Fleury defender. He's unpopular with the more meathead side of the fanbase. I hate when I'm at a Pirates game and somebody lets a ball through their legs and people yell, "Nice job, Flower." I understand that he didn't live up to no. 1 pick, but he's a perfectly decent goalie. We made it to the 2008 Cup Final because of him. We lost to a much better team, so that accomplishment doesn't register with the fanbase. Every story I've heard about personal interactions with Fleury are positive. It's a tough situation to start at goal after sitting out. Murray's been good, but I think most people know that Fleury is better. This doesn't help his reputation. Best case scenario for the Pens is for Fleury to lead the Pens to the Cup and have trade value for Murray for help as Crosby and Malkin enter the end of their prime. I guess we could trade Fleury as well, but I'm not sure Murray is ready to lead us to the Cup as we enter the last few years of our window.

I know this shouldn't enter the conversation, but I always support Pittsburgh athletes who go out of their way to support the other teams. Fleury has done that. I'm rooting for him.

I like Fleury but barring one or two seasons (one of which to be fair he helped the Pens win a cup) he hasn't really ever been an elite goalie, and when you consider that he was also a first overall pick that's really not great. Look at some of the other players that went in that draft - with a re-pick now, he probably doesn't even go in the top 15. I understand that the Penguins really needed a goalie at the time (Johan Hedberg anyone?), but I do think it's fair to expect more of him. The Blues arguably have two goalies who are better than him.

Sharks one win away now. I guess if Hibs can do it, anyone can.

I promised if Hibs won the cup against that lot I'd never use the term Hibs'd it again.

So if the Sharks were to Sevco it, it should happen right aboutttttt now.

Trying to stay awake for this one, however falling asleep 10 minutes in has worked well for the past few months.