N H L Returns: Official Ice hockey thread

Savage Henry

Niemi is an utter charlatan who's made a career out of happening to be the goalie on a team much better than him who was probably going to win the Cup if they'd put Jeff Hackett in goals. Absolutely no surprise to see him getting chased, the fact it came in the second period after the mini-comeback of the first made it all the sweeter. Got to the point where it looked like everything on or near the net was going to go in. The Avalanche allowed the Stars to get back into the game too much at 5-2 - even if they do have very good attacking players who can pull off some of the precise passes they were there needs to be more coverage of them when they're coming into the zone to cut it out. Still, good start to the season, lots of goals scored at home, that's always fun.

The Sharks are playing at New York Rangers tonight looking to make it 3/3.Think they are playing 3 nights in a row.

Off college this week and due to being ill during last night I had a good nap today. Should catch most of the game tonight.

Still don't really have a clue about this sport and who's the best teams/players but it is fascinating to watch. 

I feel like the NHL version of an EPL fan boy because I'll watch streams online but I don't bother with the Clan/Paisley Pirates even though they are a 10 minute drive from me. Need to catch a few games in person, used to watch the Pirates at the Lagoon Centre but the fact they play at Braehead puts me off, hate that place with a passion. 

6 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

The Sharks are playing at New York Rangers tonight looking to make it 3/3.Think they are playing 3 nights in a row.

Off college this week and due to being ill during last night I had a good nap today. Should catch most of the game tonight.

Still don't really have a clue about this sport and who's the best teams/players but it is fascinating to watch. 

I feel like the NHL version of an EPL fan boy because I'll watch streams online but I don't bother with the Clan/Paisley Pirates even though they are a 10 minute drive from me. Need to catch a few games in person, used to watch the Pirates at the Lagoon Centre but the fact they play at Braehead puts me off, hate that place with a passion. 

Same, been thinking of popping along to a few Lynx games soon, wish I took the guy at my work up on the offer of going to see them. Watching streams is confusing as I don't know who to root for, and this is after deciding which one to watch if there's multiple on at the same time. Found myself fist pumping the Canucks shootout win against Calgary the other night, think it was only cause I got drafted to them in NHL 17 be a pro though :rolleyes:

I was a bit the same when I got into NHL a few seasons ago. I wasnt fussed about Clan, but went just so I could watch the sport. I don't get upset if they lose or anything, and I find myself cringing at some Clan fans who get dead upset about it. Except when it's Fife. That's different. I assume they all support Raith so I want them to lose....

I have a soft spot for the Sharks, might say them or Nashville are West coast teams I like watching.

Sens in Defrost tonight. Not played well yet but 2 wins from 2.

26 minutes ago, Dave1875 said:

Same, been thinking of popping along to a few Lynx games soon, wish I took the guy at my work up on the offer of going to see them. Watching streams is confusing as I don't know who to root for, and this is after deciding which one to watch if there's multiple on at the same time. Found myself fist pumping the Canucks shootout win against Calgary the other night, think it was only cause I got drafted to them in NHL 17 be a pro though :rolleyes:

I had the NHL games for the megadrive (showing my age here) and as soon as I seen the Shark logo they were my team. Need to get NHL 17, Battlefield 1 is the priority just now though!

14 minutes ago, tigerton said:

I was a bit the same when I got into NHL a few seasons ago. I wasnt fussed about Clan, but went just so I could watch the sport. I don't get upset if they lose or anything, and I find myself cringing at some Clan fans who get dead upset about it. Except when it's Fife. That's different. I assume they all support Raith so I want them to lose....

I have a soft spot for the Sharks, might say them or Nashville are West coast teams I like watching.

Sens in Defrost tonight. Not played well yet but 2 wins from 2.

A few of my pals go, it's something different from the football and you can have a few pints whilst watching it. The Clan seem to have became a lot more popular in the last couple of years, I do wonder if there are Saints fans like myself who have had enough of the football :lol:.

Typical i lasted the first 2 periods and miss the goalfest in the 3rd period.

NYR won 7-4. Brent Burns getting a couple though, I love that man.

He's an absolute monster. Even decided to play as a winger for a season. Not enjoyed a Sharks defender since Brian Campbell.

On ‎19‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 01:32, Eednud said:

Just discovered after 2 or 3 years using the NHL app that they have a free televised game, Dallas at Nashville today.

Avalanche at Lightning tonight. Tune in to see the Burgundy Juggernaut put Steve Yzerman in his place for the millionth time. 

12 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Avalanche at Lightning tonight. Tune in to see the Burgundy Juggernaut put Steve Yzerman in his place for the millionth time. 

I see that Patrick Weircoch has 4 points in 4 games with Avs this season. Just, how? He's dump.

15 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

4-0 with the vaunted Ben Bishop being made to look the uncoordinated fraud he is, Toronto's Steven Stamkos a flailing mess and a fire alarm going off in The Ice Palace as the 4th goes in and the place empties.

greggy.png

2 hours ago, tigerton said:

I see that Patrick Weircoch has 4 points in 4 games with Avs this season. Just, how? He's dump.

Of the three defensive pairings we have he seems to be the one on his who's given a bit more license to join the play when we're attacking. He's had a few good shots which seem to be getting through, had a goal against the Penguins and he had one redirected by Duchene last night. He looks a bit of a bombscare in his own end but seems suited to the quick attacking game our new coach seems to want to play. I think he'll be the first to sit out a game by virtue of being the most likely to start playing badly and having a prospect like Bigras in the AHL to call-up but if he keeps up with the points he should be fine.

Of the three defensive pairings we have he seems to be the one on his who's given a bit more license to join the play when we're attacking. He's had a few good shots which seem to be getting through, had a goal against the Penguins and he had one redirected by Duchene last night. He looks a bit of a bombscare in his own end but seems suited to the quick attacking game our new coach seems to want to play. I think he'll be the first to sit out a game by virtue of being the most likely to start playing badly and having a prospect like Bigras in the AHL to call-up but if he keeps up with the points he should be fine.

I wonder if he would have looked better in the Sens lineup under Boucher as he prefers a bit more speed than Cameron. Not sure it was a great idea binning him considering how terrible phaneuf and ceci have started. But, he was awful for 2 years. Maybe a player in there after all, he was a first rounder I think?

Got to agree with you on bishop. OK, we got a terrible terrible return for him but he was and still would be 3rd choice. He should be second choice at tampa, but living off his playoff form 2 seasons ago.

You seem to have a good amount of tampa hate. I like this. Can't say I share it, I save that all for Habs, Bruins and Leafs!

17 minutes ago, tigerton said:

I wonder if he would have looked better in the Sens lineup under Boucher as he prefers a bit more speed than Cameron. Not sure it was a great idea binning him considering how terrible phaneuf and ceci have started. But, he was awful for 2 years. Maybe a player in there after all, he was a first rounder I think?

Got to agree with you on bishop. OK, we got a terrible terrible return for him but he was and still would be 3rd choice. He should be second choice at tampa, but living off his playoff form 2 seasons ago.

You seem to have a good amount of tampa hate. I like this. Can't say I share it, I save that all for Habs, Bruins and Leafs!

I mainly dislike the Lightning because of the praise they and Yzerman get. I just found it very satisfying to see them get slipped the burgundy dry length.

Of course, if Vasilevskiy had been playing we would have been up against a team with a goalie wearing #88 which should be an automatic forfeiture of every game he's dressed for. Disgusting.

Ed - And if you think this is hate, you wait 'til we play Minnesota or Saint Louis.

Edited by Miguel Sanchez