N H L Returns: Official Ice hockey thread

Savage Henry

Big Ben was dreadful in the first game as well, his puck handling was guff. There were a few people around us saying they'd expected him to start on the bench this season as there's a bit of a stand off with his contract and they didn't think he wanted to be there anymore.

Sounds like last nights game was a complete doing. Bolts have been poor the last 2 games despite winning.

Big Ben was dreadful in the first game as well, his puck handling was guff. There were a few people around us saying they'd expected him to start on the bench this season as there's a bit of a stand off with his contract and they didn't think he wanted to be there anymore.

Sounds like last nights game was a complete doing. Bolts have been poor the last 2 games despite winning.

Due a defeat then? Fingers crossed it's tonight. Can't see it though.

Due a defeat then? Fingers crossed it's tonight. Can't see it though.

From what I've seen, saw the first 2 games and highlights from the third, yes, they were due a defeat. Few things just looked a little off, sloppy passing etc.

Might catch the first period of the game tonight.

On 10/23/2016 at 09:40, DigOutYourSoul said:

Big Ben dropped and bolts back to winning ways. Looked really good from what I watched last night.

Combination of the Bolts looking good and the Sens being dung. Vasilevsky is the better goalie, showed his class on Saturday.

Western Canada road trip for Sens now, need to pick up some points vs these diddies.

I've been to a good few major junior games in Canada but took in my first NHL game last week. 7-4 for the Senators against Arizona with the bonus of a free Big Mac because of the last minute goal. Prices were cheap because of the opposition but $24 was a great deal, cheaper than watching Alloa :lol:. Really good night, although with my diddy team roots I probably enjoyed the Ottawa 67s game I went too a few days earlier a bit more. $13 for that, again great pricing.

I've been to a good few major junior games in Canada but took in my first NHL game last week. 7-4 for the Senators against Arizona with the bonus of a free Big Mac because of the last minute goal. Prices were cheap because of the opposition but $24 was a great deal, cheaper than watching Alloa :lol:. Really good night, although with my diddy team roots I probably enjoyed the Ottawa 67s game I went too a few days earlier a bit more. $13 for that, again great pricing.

How much was a beer though? So expensive in American sports be venue - $18 a can in Tampa.

On 10/28/2016 at 21:14, Waspie said:

Very jealous. My first NHL game was Senators vs Rangers a few years back, hence my support for them. That last minute goal that won you the burger was an absolute beauty as well, not often you see an empty netter get on highlight reels.

The whole Craig Anderson story just now is incredible. I watched the shut out vs Edmonton last night and it was brilliant. The emotions at the end with his team mates then going out to get his first star award was something else.

Story even made it to the BBC http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-37767691

Kadri absolutely bossed it against McDavid last night including completely outmuscling him for the game winner in OT. As good a game as I can remember from Naz. Matthews had a good few moments too and Soshnikov was excellent on the 4th line, can see him getting moved up to play with some more skilful guys. Zaitsev continues to impress and Andersen seems to be getting better although the two goals were ones he probably should have done better with.

On to Buffalo tonight...