N H L Returns: Official Ice hockey thread

Savage Henry

I doubt I'll be able to watch many games live so I'm hoping to be able to watch them after the original broadcast, but the website seems to suggest they're only available two days after the game actually happens. Plus there's very little information about being able to watch playoff games. If I end up at the mercy of whatever games are on the Premier Sports channel then I'll be quite annoyed.

Pretty sure the blackout rules changed towards the end of last season, meaning that you could watch games (those which had been shown on Premier sports) as soon as the live event had finished - rather than having to wait 48 hours as had been the case previously. Unless that's been changed back for the coming season then it pretty much removes the issue of blackouts (as long as you're not wanting to watch the games live).

That change is particularly handy during the playoffs as Premier Sports always shows about half of the first round games and almost every single game from the later stages. Was able to watch all the Sharks' playoff games the morning after and there's a single option on the app to turn off all scores, so you don't spoil the result when selecting which game to watch.

5190f7baba0dc099567dc4aa6b8c5b30.jpg

Opening game in Tampa again this year. Hopefully go one better and win the Stanley Cup this year.

Great game yesterday having gone 2-0 down early in the first period. Aside from 'I believe that we will win' the atmosphere was brilliant.

I always assumed you were older than that.