N H L Returns: Official Ice hockey thread

Savage Henry

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Bedard is a good player, but my fuckin god are the NHL media licking his arse something fierce...

Anyway, i worry for the Bruins this year...the teams looked good against Chicago so far but not exactly a high bar there lol

That's me just back from the NJ Devils losing at home to a team from Arizona, minter getting beat at Ice Hockey by a team who's entire state is a desert. 

Fantastic experience though, the scran was ridiculous and everything was so over the top it was brilliant to witness. The whole national anthem bit was very surreal, had no clue they had to take off their hats lmao. 

Never thought I'd be interested in the sport but I can see myself following it going forward. 

Edited by RuMoore

1 hour ago, RuMoore said:

That's me just back from the NJ Devils losing at home to a team from Arizona, minter getting beat at Ice Hockey by a team who's entire state is a desert. 

Fantastic experience though, the scran was ridiculous and everything was so over the top it was brilliant to witness. The whole national anthem bit was very surreal, had no clue they had to take off their hats lmao. 

Never thought I'd be interested in the sport but I can see myself following it going forward. 

It looks an amazing night out at some of these games, I’m trying to work round the streaming situation for live games but the Coyotes watch along was good enough tonight.

I actually have a tenner on NJ winning the Stanley Cup, and they always say a great run starts with a stumble 🤞

On 14/10/2023 at 04:55, RuMoore said:

Never been to watch the NHL in person but I have attended MLB & NFL games, and the whole sports experience there is different and fantastic in its own way.

Hockey is a great sport and fairly easy to transition to watching from football since the general idea and a lot of the terminology is reasonably similar.

Decent start to the season for St. Louis, but not at all what I was expecting. Thought they'd score plenty but struggle defensively, and it's been the opposite so far. Will be interesting to see if that shifts as things move forward.

On 15/10/2023 at 20:50, Zanetti said:

Decent start to the season for St. Louis, but not at all what I was expecting.

Tomorrow nights game could be a early indication of who will be the surprise package. Nashville look dodgy so it will be tight for 4th... Which might not even get a playoff slot if they all knock enough lumps off each other!

Looking forward to it for the 1st time in years, nightshifts help too mind! 

Adam Johnson, Center for the Nottingham Panthers and one-time Pittsburgh Penguins prospect, has died in hospital after an utterly horrific accident when he was sliced across the throat by the skate of a player who was sent flying in a body check.