N H L Returns: Official Ice hockey thread

Savage Henry

I really genuinely don't mean to be an arse about this, but why do folk post up results here that you can easily just find out on NHL.com or whatever? And I know I've said this before, but it just seems totally bizarre to me, and pointless.

I was trying to create conversation by commenting that the Jets had a really fired up crowd last night, hopefully the sign of things to come. You obviously don`t see the need to offer an opinion, but I think it`s great to see a new Canadian team pick up their first win against one of the top teams in the league. Isn`t that what forums are all about?

Busy shedule tonight with 10 games, Flyers set to rest Bryzgalov for the first time. Oh wait what`s the point? You could just search the web and find out for yourself.

Edited by Desert Nomad

I was trying to create conversation by commenting that the Jets had a really fired up crowd last night, hopefully the sign of things to come. You obviously don`t see the need to offer an opinion, but I think it`s great to see a new Canadian team pick up their first win against one of the top teams in the league. Isn`t that what forums are all about?

Busy shedule tonight with 10 games, Flyers set to rest Bryzgalov for the first time. Oh wait what`s the point? You could just search the web and find out for yourself.

But that's not the same thing though, you actually said something about the game, you were talking about something which is interesting. It's just when people post up the score from a game, and leave it at that - I don't understand it.

But that's not the same thing though, you actually said something about the game, you were talking about something which is interesting. It's just when people post up the score from a game, and leave it at that - I don't understand it.

Aye I must say I`m not a huge one for the whole stats side of things either, unless some milestone is reached or we have a player doing great things. The Belgian does refer to what a fine start to the season Kessel has had for the Leafs(scored again last night).

If you think it`s bad here, you should take a look at the NFL thread, you get play by play on there!

Aye I must say I`m not a huge one for the whole stats side of things either, unless some milestone is reached or we have a player doing great things. The Belgian does refer to what a fine start to the season Kessel has had for the Leafs(scored again last night).

If you think it`s bad here, you should take a look at the NFL thread, you get play by play on there!

Yeah I saw that, it's mental. I'll stop going on about it anyway, it's just me being a bit of an arse. I should be chuffed enough anyway with the way the Wings have started, not had a chance to see a whole game yet seeing as I'm in France for the year so the games start even later here, but I've been able to keep up with the highlights and they've been looking good, especially in the game against the Wild when they came back from behind to win it in OT. The younger guys like Emmerton and Kindl seem to be settling in fairly well (Kindl did play a fair number of games last season, but this is his first season starting); Conklin is a good backup to have, definitely an improvement from last season ; Hudler has made a decent start after being pretty useless last season and although Rafalski will be a huge loss, Ian White is a really skillful blueliner and should be able to fill the gap fairly well.

It's amazing how the Wings just seem to have an endless production line of talent being picked up. Their scouting network must be superb. It's not as if they ever get a high draft pick either. Are they currently the team with the longest run of playoff appearances? Memory says its 20 years or so?

It's amazing how the Wings just seem to have an endless production line of talent being picked up. Their scouting network must be superb. It's not as if they ever get a high draft pick either. Are they currently the team with the longest run of playoff appearances? Memory says its 20 years or so?

Yeah I think it's over 20 years now, pretty incredible when you think how bad a team they were just before that run started. Their scouting does play a huge part, I mean, they obviously really know their stuff, but luck has played its part in a couple of cases. They obviously knew the guys were good, but the fact no one else drafted Datsyuk until 171 and Zetterberg until 210 was pretty fortunate given how incredible those players have turned out to be.

Bit shite for the NHL fans here the coverage is on Premier Sports, the b*****d child of Setanta. No HD, no Virgin Media, none of the magazine shows you got with ESPN and another 8/9 quid a month for Sky Sports and ESPN subscribers. Bit of a PR blunder by the NHL.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The hyperbole went into overdrive yesterday with Crosby's comeback.

TV schedules revised, Lead story on national news, 250+ press accreditation's granted and the kid didn't disappoint.

He looked sharp but it was the Islanders to be fair

Im glad to see him back and if the Pens can keep SC, Malkin & Staal fit then they gotta be favourites for the cup in June

• 2 weeks later...

New to this post so don`t know if this has been asked before but what are the best make of hockey skates on the market just now? In my old days of the late 70`s it used to be the blue plastic Jofa skates or the CCM Super Tacks.

Bit shite for the NHL fans here the coverage is on Premier Sports, the b*****d child of Setanta. No HD, no Virgin Media, none of the magazine shows you got with ESPN and another 8/9 quid a month for Sky Sports and ESPN subscribers. Bit of a PR blunder by the NHL.

Complete joke!

I refused to pay it, im a big NHL fan but ill be watching my Hawks online from now on.

New to this post so don`t know if this has been asked before but what are the best make of hockey skates on the market just now? In my old days of the late 70`s it used to be the blue plastic Jofa skates or the CCM Super Tacks.

I am a fan of Bauer.