Win Counter

orlandoblue

Cheers Blue4578, I should have checked the date of your post, shouldn't I?

Re Chesterfield, I was on them at 7/10 which I thought was quite generous for a team I judged to be near certs. They destroyed a very good Hereford and Chester have been shit lately. I suppose when you are as successful as you obviously are you get a nose for a shock or an end to a run, good or bad. I ain't there yet!

Chesterfield going into yesterday had won 5 out of 14 home league games, Chester had lost 4 out of 13 away league games. Chesterfield's style of play and pacy forwards suits playing away from home better than at home.

I was at the 4-0 win over Hereford and yes they played very well, but Hereford were tired after their FA Cup exploits. I was also at Chesterfield 3-4 Rochdale and some of Chesterfield's defending was dreadful that day. They had the better of the game but always looked like conceding goals.

Add to this that Peter Leven and Jamie Lowry were suspended yesterday and Adam Rooney had terminated his loan spell. Leven is a very good player and had been the subject of bids from at least two higher division clubs in January. Lowry and Rooney have also done a good job for Chesterfield this season.

It's easy to say now of course, but Chesterfield were a superb lay yesterday at around 1.70. All of this information was available before the game though and pointed (to me at least) to opposing Chesterfield.

I didn't bet on the Man Utd game, layed Chelsea, didn't bet on Birmingham, West Ham, Palace, Charlton games. Layed Forest, didn't bet on the Leeds game, and layed Chesterfield and Darlington. Walsall just sold their best 2 defenders this week so I nearly bet on them to lose, but left that game in the end. I left the Ipswich game because both teams had made quite a few personnel changes lately. I did lay Watford so lost a bit there, and also lost a little backing Stirling to draw with Clyde.

I've attended a couple of Chesterfield games lately and am going to another one the week after next. They were a superb lay yesterday at the odds believe me. It's all about the odds. I would've ended up betting on them to win if the odds were higher but I layed them because they were too low IMO. You have to price every game yourself and then bet accordingly depending on the available odds. I don't just bet on favourites, in fact I bet against them more than I bet on them because weight of money often forces their prices too low.

My last 7 days on Betfair is attached so you have your proof :) I placed a few bets elsewhere, like MK Dons because I couldn't get matched on Betfair at the price I wanted, but at least 90% of my profit for the last 7 days was made on Betfair.

I'll try to post my best bets for each weekend on a Saturday morning from now on if you like.

What was your outlay to make that profit?

Guest VanderDalgarno

50p on Noel Hunt 1st goalscorer covered a chippy for my tea tonight

We're only 9 days into it, but February 2008 has already been my most successful gambling month ever