Will You Support The Auld Enemy?

froggybinos

Will you support England at Euro 2004?  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Will i fcuk, i mean i have nothing against England, but they are local rivals just over the border and it is normal to enjoy seeing your nearest rivals doing poor.

And of course thats before i take into account those arrogant basts that do the media coverage, the whole english population slagging us for not supporting them, and..... welll i could probably give you a 10,000 essay on why i wouldnt support england, but i don't ant to bore use.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No way !! i live amongst them and the arrogant b.......s are already plotting their route to the final. Also the media down here whip up the hysteria for the population, making them think they are better than they actually are.

Its a terrible thing to say, but, sometimes when they play away from home, i,m hoping their hooligan element cause grief and get them barred. And before i get slagged off, others think the same !!!

Yes, I will be supporting England. C'mon lads, do the UK proud.

To people our age there is very little difference in culture anyway: we all watch the same TV programmes, listen to the same bands, dress more or less the same, read the same magazines and newspapers, drink loads of lager, etc, etc. So I will be right behind them.

All that tartan imagery, whisky and "hoots mon" music means feck all to me.

Life is full of surprises...

The first open-minded P&Ber emerges!!! :o

Agree with everything said by MC more than anyone else...

I wouldn't go as far as supporting any country other than Scotland but to me if your gonna support someone else then surely it should be someone you have the most in common with...

I sometimes wonder if England played Iraq who half this country would support... <_<

IRAQ.

WE'VE HAD TWO WARS WITH IRAQ BUT TO MY KNOWLEDGE THEY HAVE NEVER INVADED SCOTLAND.

Why should I support any country just because they are across a border.All over the world countries who share borders have shared sporting rivalry with neighbours for many years.Oh aye and we wouldn't have Iraqi commentators telling us how bloody good they are while I'm trying to eat my diner.

we all watch the same TV programmes

not really, i tend to watch both scottish news's, because they hardly ever talk about scotland on the Brittish one, its all england and wales, due to the fact we have an independant education, health, and justice system. Now thats not a dig at those respective news programmes, they have to talk about things for the majority of the poplulation, but when it has no relevence to Scotland at all theres no point in watching it. That is just one example of how we dont watch the same programmes. I'd say he programmes we watch is only about half and half with the English.

dress more or less the same

i reckon the english are much more fomal, and dress far smarter, adn the fact is most of the western world dress the same, or very similar

read the same magazines and newspapers

i rarely buy english papers, they have next to no relevence to the Scottish people, the sports sections, maybe give you the SPL scores at the best, and it is all bumming up the english, and a simliar point to the first point i made, we have different education ect.. systemswhich means it has no relevenbce to those north of the border, and the fact is alot of the main talking points in the media, is education, health ect, because they are the main political issues, again not the papers fault really, serving for the masses

drink loads of lager

difference is, we rarely start full scale riots with a tone of drink in us, ww tend to become more friendly(i know there are exceptions) whilst the english become more aggresive(again generalsiing)

All that tartan imagery, whisky and "hoots mon" music means feck all to me.

am a piper therfore the tartan, pipes and scottish heritage means a hell of alot to me, and i spend alot of time around this kind of scene

However, your points maybe very relative to your background, politcially, socially, you maybe more open to Southern ideas, therefore you are a bigger man than most Scots to support the Auld Enemey. However, as the reasons stated above, ther are equally a number off issues which make folk support anyone but England.

Life is full of surprises...

The first open-minded P&Ber emerges!!! :o

Agree with everything said by MC more than anyone else...

I wouldn't go as far as supporting any country other than Scotland but to me if your gonna support someone else then surely it should be someone you have the most in common with...

I sometimes wonder if England played Iraq who half this country would support... <_<

Rangers fans probably have more in common with Celtic fans than anybody else.

And to the best of my knowledge, Iraq have never been one of Scotland's sporting rivals. And they're not suddenly going to become so just because Bush and Blair want to indulge in a few war games. Of course I would support them against England.

Archived