Equine Eggstravaganza

igor

I was half-cut in the bookies last night (a bad combination I know, don't do it kids), and although I don't bet on horses much, managed to pick this winner (£2.50 each way on it) and also had £1 forecast. Just missed the tricast.

Wolverhampton

7:05 | 1 Jane's Payoff (R Thomas, 14-1 ); 4 Golden Dane (Luke Morris, 9-2 ); 3 Dalarossie (J Quinn, 4-1 fav); 12 ran.

Distances: Neck; 1¼ lengths; Neck;

Winning trainer: Mrs L C Jewell.

Tote: £11.00; £2.50; £2.20; £2.20; Exacta: £47.20; CSF: £78.18; Tricast: £312.47;

I've stuck on a daft 50p each way lucky 15 this afternoon, seeing as I'm working from home and have the racing on in the background.

3.20 Lingfield; Samuel Charles

3.50 Lingfield; Oceana Blue

4.10 Towcester; Final Bid

4.30 Yarmouth; Greyfriars Abbey (took 13/8 for it)

As mentioned previously, I know very little about horseracing, I'm sure these selections will reconfim that view.

Bloody spelt the horse wrong. Finished 2nd anyway.

Keltic Moon at 14.10 next E/W and if it doesn't place, thats me done for today B)

I was on the winner at 11/2 (won at 4/1) in the morning. Every horse I post on here seems to lose. May have a big tip on Wednesday (I know the horse already, but want my early price before posting :lol:), But I will post it.

I was on the winner at 11/2 (won at 4/1) in the morning. Every horse I post on here seems to lose. May have a big tip on Wednesday (I know the horse already, but want my early price before posting :lol:), But I will post it.

I'll be waiting B)

Had an afternoon of laying favourites on Betfair. Not something i had done before and i was suprised at the profit i made. Might have to be something I look into doing more often. I'd be much comfortable betting on a favourite to lose than to win, favourites never win when i back them. Has anyone had a go at this and had much sucess?

But back to backing rather than laying horses for now...

7.40 Windsor Gaia Prince @ 9/1 E/W

Good call. Take it you use bet365 as well? As long as the offer remains, I will stick to using them for all my horses.

I am at work, craving a bet. On plus side my winning's have not been spent from earlier. In saying that, I was playing poker at 10am this morning, it was either that or mow the lawn with a hangover :lol:

I'll be waiting B)

Had an afternoon of laying favourites on Betfair. Not something i had done before and i was suprised at the profit i made. Might have to be something I look into doing more often. I'd be much comfortable betting on a favourite to lose than to win, favourites never win when i back them. Has anyone had a go at this and had much sucess?

But back to backing rather than laying horses for now...

7.40 Windsor Gaia Prince @ 9/1 E/W

Theres some money to be made in laying favourites but be careful because if you lay and the favourite wins you have to stump up a bit of cash, say you are laying at £2 sometimes ur liable for up to £20 and if ur only making a couple of pounds profit a time that can be a big hit !

Theres some money to be made in laying favourites but be careful because if you lay and the favourite wins you have to stump up a bit of cash, say you are laying at £2 sometimes ur liable for up to £20 and if ur only making a couple of pounds profit a time that can be a big hit !

So far i've only layed favourites with very low odds (mostly under 2.00), there just doesn't seem much point risking so much for so little return with any favourite with higher odds than that.

Today's E/W Lucky 15

2.40 Bath - Charlie Be

5.10 Bath - Kalligal

6.20 Sedgefield - Flying Doctor

7.50 Sedgefield - Theatre Knight

All of these are 7/1 or better, and IMO after analysing all today's races last night have a realistic chance of winning outright! My research also threw up these each way shots, have a look and see what you think.

3.00 Southwell - Deep River Bay

3.50 Wincanton - Notabotheronme

4.40 Bath - Dubai Princess

8.35 Wolverhampton - Trip The Light

I'll post up my favoured outright shots later. ;)

Today's Outright Lucky 15:

2.20 Wincanton - Takotna

3.40 Bath - Air Chief

7.05 Wolverhampton - Ten Down

7.35 Wolverhampton - Xpres Maite

Today's Outright Double

2.30 Southwell - Yakimov

4.10 Bath - Naughty Thoughts

My research also threw up these to consider:

Bath 2.10 - Caressing

Sedgefield 7.20 - Safari Run

Southwell 5.00 - Local Poet