Madeleine Mccann Missing Girl

16 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Probably because I've seen it all the time when I've been on holiday. And it's an entirely subjective thing. Scandinavian parents leave babys in prams on the street when they go to restaurants for instance and no-one bats an eyelid.

You choose to take the wean out in the buggy, fair enough, but there's almost no difference between the wean sleeping in that buggy next to you or sleeping in a cot 50 metres away apart from you having your eye on it. The odds of a wean being abducted is infinitesimal which is why this is such a huge news story a decade and a half later. There are other potential dangers, of course, but, again, they're so remote it's hardly the crime of the century to leave a sleeping child unattended for a short period of time and all the Helen Lovejoys in the world don't change that.

Can you elaborate on the Scandinavians leaving their kids in the street while they eat in restaurants please? 

1 minute ago, Romeo said:

Your cherry picking now trying to justify reasonable behaviour that has resulted in the death of a child.

FTFY. Not cherry picking at all. If anything specifically referring to the one example where parents left a child unattended in an apartment complex when they were asleep and the child was kidnapped and ignoring the countless times it happens without it being kidnapped is cherrypicking. The dictionary definition of it.

It's perfectly normal in other parts of the world (here ya go @Dee Man )
https://www.fatherly.com/love-money/why-danish-parents-leave-their-children-outside-in-strollers/

This practise of keeping an eye on children constantly is a fairly new phenomenon. It's perfectly normal to leave kids unattended and all this after the fact handwringing because one child was kidnapped is tedious.

16 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Said it before and I will say it again if it had been a working class couple from anywhere they would have been slaughtered incessantly and done for neglect.

What the McCanns did was a disgrace, the epitome of arrogance.

Anyone who leaves their kids in a room while they bugger off for dinner is a disgrace end of.

998BAE34-C6F6-478B-8ABD-CCB1E7FDDE7B.png

TOP 10 PEOPLE YOU WOULDN'T LET BABYSIT YOUR KIDS

1. Rolf Harris

2. Jimmy Saville

3. The McCanns

4. Gary Glitter 

5. Michael Jackson

6. Mick Philpott

7. Prince Andrew

8. Myra Hindley

9. AsimButtHitsASix

10. That Barrington guy that @Melanius Mullarkey posted a picture of the other day.

* They did.

** I sincerely hope that isn't the case/doubt it.

*** If they don't they are as neglectful as the McCann's then. Sitting on a balcony is fine as it's usually just an extension of the room. Leaving kids unattended to go sit by a pool/go for a meal is neglectful behaviour. It's frightening you think otherwise.

Quite often I've seen situations where older kids, maybe teenagers have been entrusted to look after the younger ones. I'm not even fully supportive of that idea either in strange lands but at least there's a chance the older kids would have the common sense to act if something went wrong. If that was the case here I'd have a bit more sympathy for the McCann's. It isn't the case though and for what it's worth they might as well have been 5 miles away from the apartment that night, for all the good their 'system' did them and their kids.

8 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

FTFY. Not cherry picking at all. If anything specifically referring to the one example where parents left a child unattended in an apartment complex when they were asleep and the child was kidnapped and ignoring the countless times it happens without it being kidnapped is cherrypicking. The dictionary definition of it.

It's perfectly normal in other parts of the world (here ya go @Dee Man )
https://www.fatherly.com/love-money/why-danish-parents-leave-their-children-outside-in-strollers/

This practise of keeping an eye on children constantly is a fairly new phenomenon. It's perfectly normal to leave kids unattended and all this after the fact handwringing because one child was kidnapped is tedious.

I would fundamentally agree with you if the children weren't 3 and 2 year olds. Taking them with you in buggies, fine. Can't imagine any culture where what the McCanns did is normal behaviour.

20 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

The McCanns were regularly checking up on their daughter who was in an apartment complex that was away from the main street. If that night was recreated 1,000,000 other times it would have passed without incident. Yet everyone clambers to throw blame on two parents who have, horrifically, lost their daughter.

Yet no one says anything about April Jones's maw. Who wasn't watching her daughter. Who had just allowed her to walk around freely for a period of over and hour without checking on her. Rightly, no one blames April Jones's maw.

April Jones's killer was found near instantly and everyone had a hate figure and someone to attach all their disgust toward. Without the same figure in the McCann's case people have chosen to aim that hatred at their parents as they need someone to blame for the terrible death of a child. Unless you think there is something objectively more dangerous about a hotel in Portugal than a council estate in Wales.

And you can sub out April Jones for absolutely any kid that is killed. They've almost all been out of the sight of their parent for a period of time for whatever reason.

There's quite a difference between a 5 year old who has possibly been given a bit too much freedom and and is snatched near her home and 3 infants who are let alone in a hotel room for hours each night. Especially when this had happened the previous night

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/news/8660431/madeleine-mccann-mother-kate-abduction-kidnapper-previous-attempt/amp/

It's perfectly normal in other parts of the world (here ya go [mention=25521]Dee Man[/mention] )

All you're saying here is you'd quite happily leave your own infants alone at home and trying to normalise it.

It's not working though and you are coming across as a creep.

58 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

* They did.

** I sincerely hope that isn't the case/doubt it.

*** If they don't they are as neglectful as the McCann's then. Sitting on a balcony is fine as it's usually just an extension to a room. Leaving kids unattended to go sit by a pool/go for a meal is neglectful behaviour. It's frightening you think otherwise.

I’ve been to centre parcs and Majorca with my kids. As a single mum and have managed not leave my kids in rooms unattended.

Last year in Majorca I managed sit in my room once my kids were in bed! 

24 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Your cherry picking now trying to justify terrible behaviour that has resulted in the death of a child.

They were wrong to do it.

What if they had a baby monitor?

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

Big fan of @Jacksgranda going back to greenie posts from 7 years ago.

Proof that the quality of my posting is as good as it has ever been*

*Yes, I know the quality of my posting is extremely low

Good enough for a greenie.

I went back to the start of this thread to find what I had said at the time but my first post was years after the thread started (circa page 65 or therabouts afaicr). A lot of posts seem to have been deleted, by the mods or otherwise.

Quite an eye opener, some posts are quite the thing!

There's nearly as many varying views/accounts on here about what actually happened that night as there are in the formal accounts supplied by the McCanns and their tapas amigos/amigas to the authorities.

If the parents were wee Shug and Senga from Garthamlock or Wester Hailes, then they'd have been slaughtered by the press et al as being guilty of negligence and would have been hung out to dry.

Can't see Gordon Brown and his team dropping everything to help/protect/cover up for wee Shug.

Just now, hearthammer said:

There's nearly as many varying views/accounts on here about what actually happened that night as there are in the formal accounts supplied by the McCanns and their tapas amigos/amigas to the authorities.

If the parents were wee Shug and Senga from Garthamlock or Wester Hailes, then they'd have been slaughtered by the press et al as being guilty of negligence and would have been hung out to dry.

Can't see Gordon Brown and his team dropping everything to help/protect/cover up for wee Shug.

Sending out a PR guy who'd previously covered the Millie Dowler case for the BBC was not dropping everything.

22 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

TOP 10 PEOPLE YOU WOULDN'T LET BABYSIT YOUR KIDS

1. Rolf Harris

2. Jimmy Saville

3. The McCanns

4. Gary Glitter 

5. Michael Jackson

6. Mick Philpott

7. Prince Andrew

8. Myra Hindley

9. AsimButtHitsASix

10. That Barrington guy that @Melanius Mullarkey posted a picture of the other day.

Lovely fella.

46331354-03CF-4F27-8DAF-FE1B5CF4BEE0.gif

6 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Good enough for a greenie.

I went back to the start of this thread to find what I had said at the time but my first post was years after the thread started (circa page 65 or therabouts afaicr). A lot of posts seem to have been deleted, by the mods or otherwise.

Quite an eye opener, some posts are quite the thing!

I stopped after page 2 in case I found one of mine..

15 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Sending out a PR guy who'd previously covered the Millie Dowler case for the BBC was not dropping everything.

There was substantially more behind Clarence Mitchell's immediate appointment than just a PR gig.   He was the one behind the "no comment" approach and was instrumental in producing the strategy for the McCanns "world tour" and raking in the "find Maddie" cash.  He was an obstruction to the Portuguese police at every step.

I don't recall him or anyone else of that ilk landing in Kos within 48 hours of Ben Needham being reported missing.

This thread amplifies the vagaries and polar positions of the contributors, but there's nothing wrong with healthy debate or discussion, provided it stays within the acceptable parameters.

Edited by hearthammer