Madeleine Mccann Missing Girl

Rubbish. Last night we watched TV in our living room while our 3 month old slept in his cot in our bedroom. Someone could have broken in.

Should my wife and I be charged with child neglect?

The actual outcome is irrelevant to the fact they abandoned their child. Even if the wean had not been taken there is the possibility that any child left alone could suffer from a coughing /choking fit, or any other of a number of scenarios with nobody there to help her and that is why children should not be left alone and it is a criminal offence to do so in this country. Being a pedantic twat in another room is not yet a crime but with someone like you it fucking should be.

Indeed. The delight many people seem to take in berating the McCanns for their stupidity is pretty sinister frankly. That pair will never forgive themselves, I pity them.

Really? I've seen them in TV numerous times and not once seen them put their hands up and accept some responsibility. In fact I'm sure there is a clip of Kate somewhere actually refusing to accept any blame saying that it was the person who took the child who is at fault. Un fucking believable.

So they were about a length of a tennis court from their apartment, with their apartment in view. I really don't think that's very bad.

I stayed at the same resort as them about a month after this all kicked off. There's no direct way to get from their apartment to the Tapas Bar. You need to go out on to the street, down to the main entrance and gain access that way. It might not sound that bad, but when you're actually there you realise how fucking stupid it is. There were big bush things that blocked the view of their apartment and there's very little chance that they would have been able to hear if there was a problem, especially seeing as the pool is often used by children and likely to have been noisy at the time.

I saw Kate McCann twice during that holiday (once crying inside a church) and for what it's worth I don't think, other than her fucking stupidity, she did anything else untoward.

Exactly! They have never admitted they were wrong to leave 3 children alone in an apartment in a foreign country.

How can an e-fit be produced 6 years down the line be relevant anyway??

I can't remember this amount of coverage for Ben Needham who went missing (and still is)!

The children were in a strange room on holiday. What if they woke up scared and started crying? Would the parents have heard them?

In kates book she said she did the same thing the night before the abduction and she got back and madeline was awake and asked where she had been or something along those lines!?

I saw Kate McCann twice during that holiday (once crying inside a church) and for what it's worth I don't think, other than her fucking stupidity, she did anything else untoward.

:lol: You mean she didn't walk around in blood-spattered clothes carrying a shovel?

Personally I just don't get why people complain about the level of coverage this missing child receives every time this topic comes up, and I don't get why they believe that the level of coverage should be proportionate to the level of responsibility shown by the child's parents. Obviously there are persisting rumours that they were in some way involved, however there doesn't appear to be any real evidence and no charges have ever been brought.

:lol: You mean she didn't walk around in blood-spattered clothes carrying a shovel?

Personally I just don't get why people complain about the level of coverage this missing child receives every time this topic comes up, and I don't get why they believe that the level of coverage should be proportionate to the level of responsibility shown by the child's parents. Obviously there are persisting rumours that they were in some way involved, however there doesn't appear to be any real evidence and no charges have ever been brought.

An alarming number of people have her down as a media-savvy, cold-hearted woman who merely plays to the camera. Along with stories of traces of blood being found in their hire car; there are many who are determined to implicate the couple in something far more sinister than just poor judgement in regards to parenting.

An alarming number of people have her down as a media-savvy, cold-hearted woman who merely plays to the camera. Along with stories of traces of blood being found in their hire car; there are many who are determined to implicate the couple in something far more sinister than just poor judgement in regards to parenting.

Yeah, I suppose I just completely disagree with the junior sleuthing. Fair enough, I did a fair bit of it myself in the Pistorius thread, but in that case there is no doubt he shot his girlfriend, it was just the motive that was under scrutiny, and the evidence for and against murder was being made publicly available at the bail hearing.

There doesn't appear to be any hard evidence against the McCanns which would hold up in court (apparently having a torn-face is not a crime), and they don't appear to have met the Portuguese law's standard for neglect. They state that their intention was to monitor their children, and it is arguable that there is more opportunity for a mishap to occur whilst you are sleeping than there is when you are 150 yards away eating tapas. It is certainly not foreseeable that by positioning yourself 150 yards away a mystery brown-haired man will immediately steal one of your children.

Edited by The OP

Yeah, I suppose I just completely disagree with the junior sleuthing. Fair enough, I did a fair bit of it myself in the Pistorius thread, but in that case there is no doubt he shot his wife, it was just the motive that was under scrutiny, and the evidence for and against murder was being made publicly available at the bail hearing.

Terrible sleuthing.

They weren't married.