Madeleine Mccann Missing Girl

i suppose everyone's different. I don't have kids but i can absolutely sympathise with wanting to spend the evenings eating and drinking with their pals away from their kids. I can imagine that's the kind of freedom you just don't have 99% of the time when you have young kids. That being said, it's still their responsibility to make sure the kids are safe and they didn't do that. Mistakes don't make them shit parents for me. Everyone makes them. I'd guess most parents have done something similar at some point at least but 99.99999% of the time, nothing comes of it.

8 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

i suppose everyone's different. I don't have kids but i can absolutely sympathise with wanting to spend the evenings eating and drinking with their pals away from their kids. I can imagine that's the kind of freedom you just don't have 99% of the time when you have young kids. That being said, it's still their responsibility to make sure the kids are safe and they didn't do that. Mistakes don't make them shit parents for me. Everyone makes them. I'd guess most parents have done something similar at some point at least but 99.99999% of the time, nothing comes of it.

I totally agree with you. However a lot of people seem to believe her parents lied about the events of the night, and even that they arranged for her abduction. I think it must be awful for them to live with the guilt of what's happened, and to have gossips implicating them in all sorts of horrible things. I even remember a Rangers supporting friend claiming the father was something to do with Celtic FC and...well I won't repeat the rest. 

8 minutes ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

I totally agree with you. However a lot of people seem to believe her parents lied about the events of the night, and even that they arranged for her abduction. I think it must be awful for them to live with the guilt of what's happened, and to have gossips implicating them in all sorts of horrible things. I even remember a Rangers supporting friend claiming the father was something to do with Celtic FC and...well I won't repeat the rest. 

He worked for Celtic, that much is true.

The other allegations mostly stem from evidence given by I e of the group against David Payne.

34 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Why?

Because it’s a kids club for their kids to do stuff during the day, it’s probably one of the reasons they chose that location as it had a kids club at it and they had young kids. Ridiculous from you. 

Tbh, chucking the bairns into a kids club during the day, before abandoning them in the apartment at night so you can have a bevy isn't my idea of a 'family holiday', but each to their own.

Edited by Henderson to deliver .....
Correction on behalf of Throbber.

Just now, Alternative Title said:

What makes them look like bad parents to me is working against the police department that was trying to find their child.

All part of their devious plan no doubt.

2 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

Absolutely no problem adding to the anguish of working class parents of kids who're left alone and end up dead apparently.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-52939564

This is nothing like the McCann story and completely unfair to even think about comparing them.

1) There is an actual body found in this instance making prosecution a priority

2) The boy was left alone in a caravan with a seven stone bull terrier which had previous for attacking children.

3) The mother was getting jaked on drugs as well as drink Into the small hours, she checked on him at half 4 to find him dead but that doesn’t mean that was after she had finished parting. Assuming the child had a normal sleeping pattern I doubt the mother would have been in a fit state to look after him when he woke up which clearly paints the picture of an unfit parent.

Do you actually believe this is a similar case to Madeline?

5 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Tbh, chucking the bairns into a kids club all day before abandoning them in the apartment at night so you can have a bevy isn't my idea of a 'family holiday', but each to their own.

Do you know how long the children were in the kids club for each day? Including the twins who were under 2 years old?

1 minute ago, throbber said:

This is nothing like the McCann story and completely unfair to even think about comparing them.

1) There is an actual body found in this instance making prosecution a priority

2) The boy was left alone in a caravan with a seven stone bull terrier which had previous for attacking children.

3) The mother was getting jaked on drugs as well as drink Into the small hours, she checked on him at half 4 to find him dead but that doesn’t mean that was after she had finished parting. Assuming the child had a normal sleeping pattern I doubt the mother would have been in a fit state to look after him when he woke up which clearly paints the picture of an unfit parent.

Do you actually believe this is a similar case to Madeline?

Of course there are significant differences. The issue i was trying to highlight is that I think the argument of "no need to add to their pain"  is almost certainly not applied equally.

3 minutes ago, Alternative Title said:

What makes them look like bad parents to me is working against the police department that was trying to find their child.

Well, they were being accused of murder? If they are genuine, they should be using every tool at their disposal to resist a police investigation going down a route that they'd know themselves to be false.

3 minutes ago, Alternative Title said:

It's in the PJ Files.

Righty oh, because Henderson to deliver clearly has information that we don’t when he says the kids were there “all day” then. 

2 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Of course there are significant differences. The issue i was trying to highlight is that I think the argument of "no need to add to their pain"  is almost certainly not applied equally.

I feel more anger at the caravan story than the McCanns case anyway. 

22 minutes ago, Alternative Title said:

It's in the PJ Files.

This is the answer to anyone questioning allegations against the McCanns. There's hundreds if not thousands of pages, why not just link one? 

Or it's google this name and see where it leads. Everyone thinks they're that FBI agent in the Washington car park whispering "follow the money"

Edited by welshbairn

33 minutes ago, throbber said:

Because it’s a kids club for their kids to do stuff during the day, it’s probably one of the reasons they chose that location as it had a kids club at it and they had young kids. Ridiculous from you. 

You've missed my point. The kids day club is fine, I get why you'd do that, it's there for that purpose.

I am only asking if it is reasonable for parents to then leave their children unattended at night. They didn't need a break from the kids, they got that during the day, they just preferred to get pished at night without them bothering them. 

6 minutes ago, throbber said:

Righty oh, because Henderson to deliver clearly has information that we don’t when he says the kids were there “all day” then. 

I feel more anger at the caravan story than the McCanns case anyway. 

How am I supposed to answer that, you'd have to ask him? The PJ Files include statements about daily routines, including times the kids were in the care of others.

11 minutes ago, harry94 said:

Well, they were being accused of murder? If they are genuine, they should be using every tool at their disposal to resist a police investigation going down a route that they'd know themselves to be false.

I don't think they were being accused of anything, I'm not an expert on Arguido status, but I think the whole point is to protect them from bring charged or accused.

I just think if they had nothing to fear, they would have answered the questions.

21 minutes ago, throbber said:

Do you know how long the children were in the kids club for each day? Including the twins who were under 2 years old?

13 minutes ago, throbber said:

Alright m9, calm down.

I confess to not knowing exactly how much time the children spent in the kids club. These things tend to have morning and afternoon sessions.

I was clearly wrong to use the phrase 'all day', I've changed it to 'during the day'.