My Holiday In Strathclyde

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What pish. You're not telling us that with all the cheap holidays you can get , especially online, there was not one single place to go?

Have you read the whole topic, you tard?! I've already said that we were only wanting to go on a cruise, or to Greece, but couldn't find good enough deals for either of these options, so went with our final option which was to go to somewhere else in Scotland, which wasn't too far away, as my dad doesn't enjoy driving.

I can't believe I just went through the effort of repeating myself especially for you.

Guest Caleyking
I hate to be pedantic but at the risk of alerting CS to this thread - Strathclyde doesn't actually exist anymore.

What about Strathclyde Country Park? Does that not exist either then? :blink:<_<

To be honest, I don't really see the problem in going to Strathclyde for a 3 day break. We weren't expecting it to be a haven, obviously. We're not stupid, and my family are definitely not 'mongols'. It was less expensive than a holiday abroad and we only stayed there for 2 nights. We have been there before actually, staying at the Hilton a few years ago, although I can't really remember it.

I suppose it can't really be classed as a holiday, just a bit of a 'getaway' from Perth for a few days,

Should have gone North my friend. ;)

We went there the first night, but it was too expensive.

I agree, dinner at a Hilton in the UK is far too expensive for what you get...

... but then, so's staying in a Hilton.

Just out of interest, what percentage of an average family conversation in your house comprises grunts and monosyllables?

Just out of interest, what percentage of an average family conversation in your house comprises grunts and monosyllables?

To be fair, they would have been more likely to have gone to Drem than Strathclyde had they had such...errrm....learning issues. Much easier to pronounce.

Guest Hampden Ton

Do I detect bitterness, Swampy?

(If its any consolation, everyone from your old team is now gone - except the Supervisor!)

None.

Just out of interest, are you intending your posts to be insulting towards my family, or are they intended to just be a bit of friendly banter?

None.

Just out of interest, are you intending your posts to be insulting towards my family, or are they intended to just be a bit of friendly banter?

I'm going to be quite honest and say you're parents are complete mentalists. Oban, Skye, Arran, Orkney, Fort William?

No, lets go to rubbish theme parks and eat in moderately priced chain restaurants! Great stuff.

None.

Ask your mother :P

So essentially you decided to go live in a hotel for several days for the sake of living in a hotel then :blink:

Some would argue that the hotel is a means to an end rather than the end itself, you know, like going to a particularly scenic,remote or otherwise exciting destination that is too far awy to return to your own home....

Would agree with that. if you're going for the sake of going to the hotel, the hotel should have various facilities - golf course, pool, sports centre, that sort of thing.

:lol:

I think the nearest restaurant to your Hilton room, though, would be the restaurant conveniently located inside the Hilton.

Wow Swampy, slow down there mate. Considering his parents went on holiday to go to Ikea, I don't think they'd be aware there was a restaurant in the hotel.

Should have gone North my friend. ;)

Was thinking just that, or he could have gone to Edinburgh. They have an Ikea too.

Do I detect bitterness, Swampy?

(If its any consolation, everyone from your old team is now gone - except the Supervisor!)

:lol: Not at all, I enjoyed my time there overall. I thought one other person (name not posted to protect the innocent) was still there, too... oh well :)

And I just do think Hiltons are really expensive unless you get a discount. I mean, I stayed in the Glasgow one once and looked at the price list behind the desk, and it was something like £220 for a single room. Insane.

Guest Hampden Ton
:lol: Not at all, I enjoyed my time there overall. I thought one other person (name not posted to protect the innocent) was still there, too... oh well :)

And I just do think Hiltons are really expensive unless you get a discount. I mean, I stayed in the Glasgow one once and looked at the price list behind the desk, and it was something like £220 for a single room. Insane.

Glad it wasn't all doom and gloom! :lol: These days, any time I pop round to see them (they've shifted next door) there's usually a new face or an empty chair! :huh:

I agree - its a hotel chain designed for people with money to burn or a company willing to burn money for them. (Or for staff who get discounts! :P )

Guest stennyhibee
I'm going to be quite honest and say you're parents are complete mentalists. Oban, Skye, Arran, Orkney, Fort William?

No, lets go to rubbish theme parks and eat in moderately priced chain restaurants! Great stuff.

I think his parents probably have Cancer Aids.

Glad it wasn't all doom and gloom! :lol: These days, any time I pop round to see them (they've shifted next door) there's usually a new face or an empty chair! :huh:

I agree - its a hotel chain designed for people with money to burn or a company willing to burn money for them. (Or for staff who get discounts! :P )

Pff, it's all gone downhill since I left :angel: :D

And yeah, I guess their company clients are what keeps the money rolling in. The thing is I could understand paying 200+ a night if you got a lot for it, but you really don't. Everything except the (100% top-notch) breakfast seems to cost extra.

But then I'm not Hilton's target demographic, as I'm a penny-pincher :D

Would agree with that. if you're going for the sake of going to the hotel, the hotel should have various facilities - golf course, pool, sports centre, that sort of thing.

It did have a pool, sauna, steam room and gymnasium.

Are some people seriously saying that they've never gone for a break in a different part of Scotland? I really don't see what the problem with is. I know many people that have never been abroad and just go on little breaks to different parts of Scotland.

We've been up north before, we've been to quite a number of different places in Scotland.

It did have a pool, sauna, steam room and gymnasium.

Are some people seriously saying that they've never gone for a break in a different part of Scotland? I really don't see what the problem with is. I know many people that have never been abroad and just go on little breaks to different parts of Scotland.

We've been up north before, we've been to quite a number of different places in Scotland.

I think the point is that one of the highlights of your stay in Glasgow was going to IKEA that just a wee bit fucked up.

I think the point is that one of the highlights of your stay in Glasgow was going to IKEA that just a wee bit fucked up.

How was it a highlight? It was a lowlight as my first post in this thread suggests! :huh:

I think you have got the wrong end of the stick here. We didn't say, 'Let's go to Strathclyde, because I hear there's an IKEA there!'. We weren't planning to go to IKEA. We just saw it on the way to the Strathclyde Hilton. As my mum and dad were wanting a new cupboard, they thought it would be a good opportunity to get it.

How was it a highlight? It was a lowlight as my first post in this thread suggests! :huh:

I think you have got the wrong end of the stick here. We didn't say, 'Let's go to Strathclyde, because I hear there's an IKEA there!'. We weren't planning to go to IKEA. We just saw it on the way to the Strathclyde Hilton. As my mum and dad were wanting a new cupboard, they thought it would be a good opportunity to get it.

Do your parents think about buying cupboards on most holidays?

Archived