My Holiday In Strathclyde

Do your parents think about buying cupboards on most holidays?

No, but seeing as our check-in time at the hotel was meant to be 2 hours later, it seemed like a good idea to pass the time, and buy something which was needed.

Sorry for not explaining this fully before.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, but seeing as our check-in time at the hotel was meant to be 2 hours later, it seemed like a good idea to pass the time, and buy something which was needed.

I think actually in years to come this will be the guide to how all family holidays should be. You are a trend setter

Scotland is a beautiful country and I've had several short breaks here which I've really enjoyed, but M&D's and pub lunches isn't really what I'd consider to be a holiday.

Absolutely mate, I agree with you, whch is what my first post in this thread states.

But it wasn't actually that bad. Despite the topic title, it can't really be classed as a 'holiday', just a 'break'. It had its downsides obviously, but that's no reason for people to be insulting my family because they chose to go to IKEA on the way! Contrary to what some people might think, we didn't just go to Strathclyde for M&D's, IKEA, and Brewer's Fayre meals. We also explored the part of Strathclyde we were in, which was not bad. I only listed the bad points of the holiday in my first post. There were also better things about the break, I swear!

Absolutely mate, I agree with you, whch is what my first post in this thread states.

But it wasn't actually that bad. Despite the topic title, it can't really be classed as a 'holiday', just a 'break'. It had its downsides obviously, but that's no reason for people to be insulting my family because they chose to go to IKEA on the way! Contrary to what some people might think, we didn't just go to Strathclyde for M&D's, IKEA, and Brewer's Fayre meals. We also explored the part of Strathclyde we were in, which was not bad. I only listed the bad points of the holiday in my first post. There were also better things about the break, I swear!

Did you get your hole of a senga?

Any jibes I make are meant to be humerous and not intented to cause offence. Had you billed it as a weekend away shopping and excursion to a theme park, no one would have said anything, it;s just more the fact that you billed it as a holiday that people laughed.

I will add you as a friend to show there is no hard feelings, you little star xxx

This is one of the funniest things I've read in a while :lol:

Is it truth or fiction though :unsure:

All truth, apart from the LIDL bit. That's way too expensive.

Any jibes I make are meant to be humerous and not intented to cause offence. Had you billed it as a weekend away shopping and excursion to a theme park, no one would have said anything, it;s just more the fact that you billed it as a holiday that people laughed.

I will add you as a friend to show there is no hard feelings, you little star xxx

Thread title changed. :P

Thanks for the friend add, mate. It's means a lot to me. I've returned the favour. ;)

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I know this thread is ancient, but you passed Braehead on the way from Perth to Bellshill? :lol:

an excuse to go to M&D's, which isn't really that bad! :ph34r:

M&D's has to be the most depressing shitest theme park i have ever been in, there's one half decent rollercoaster, which is always broken, and some dodgems, you're really scraping the barrell when M&D's is the highlight of your holiday. It's like walking around a ghost town, at least your next holiday will be immense in comparison ;)

Strathclyde Hilton

I honestly thought you were taking the piss with this, didn't know they had a Hilton in Bellshill.

BTW Nardini is reopening "soon" in Largs, so you may which to schedule a return trip. :D

I know this thread is ancient, but you passed Braehead on the way from Perth to Bellshill? :lol:

That caught my eye as well as I was revisiting this fucking marvel of a thread.

Right, TRS - roust your father out of his ether-induced stupor and ask him to trace a line along a map showing the route he took to the kingdom of Strathclyde. I imagine it's going to look like a philpy polygraph test.

Made my weekend this has.

I was spluttering over the computer when I read that he'd passed Ikea on the way from Perth to Bellshill.

TRS, plenty of folk will have short breaks in Scotland, and may or may not choose to visit Ikea (whatever floats your boat) but they won't choose a hotel in a business park and a dinner in the Brewers Fare.

I wonder if he took any photographs of double decker buses?

Archived