My Holiday In Strathclyde

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Strathclyde is fucking massive actually.

There are far nicer bits that Paisley, in fact everywhere is nicer than Paisley, except possibly the Gaza Strip.

ScotlandStrathclyde1974.png

If you want a holiday in Strathclyde, go to somewhere like Oban, Mull, Islay, Jura, Arran, Largs, Saltcoats, or any small town or village that is more than 45 minutes from Glasgow.

I will be spending 3 days in a place in Strathclyde and I fully expect to enjoy it, that is maily because my parents won't be there and I doubt neds have ever set foot in it, because it has a population of around 25 :D

Well Aberdour isn't particularly well known is it!

and no other ones came of the top of my head :ph34r:

Should I just stop digging :lol:

Hang on. You can't think of any beaches in Fife? Never heard of St Andrews?

So you had a shite weekend in Strathclyde (literally)? Sounds like it's your own fault, there is plenty to do for a few days in Glasgow rather than go to a Brewers Fayre or Ikea. Perhaps you would have had a better time if you and your family weren't such mongols.

I went to sunny costa del Ardrossan yesterday...........................dump!

Ardrossan is the worst part of Saltcoats, let's face it the 'three towns' are just really one town, as Stevenston and Ardrossan don't really have town centres.

Why would you go to Ardrossan anyway? Checking out the new ASDA? :lol:

Down here is okay when it's sunny, but Ardrossan was voted the most depressing place in Scotland for a reason, its grey.

So you had a shite weekend in Strathclyde (literally)? Sounds like it's your own fault, there is plenty to do for a few days in Glasgow rather than go to a Brewers Fayre or Ikea. Perhaps you would have had a better time if you and your family weren't such mongols.

I think - and this may be my ex-Hilton employee geekiness talking - that the "Strathclyde" in Strathclyde Hilton relates to nearby Strathclyde Park, as evidences by the Family Saints' trip to M&Ds.

That said, the casual references to "Strathclyde" from the young'un in the initial post seem to suggest that neither son nor parent knew quite where, or quite possibly what, they were or are.

Also, TRS, that Ikea is maybe 1 mile from X-Scape, which is full of leisuire opportunities for yokels like yourself to gasp in wonder at.

Also, TRS, that Ikea is maybe 1 mile from X-Scape, which is full of leisuire opportunities for yokels like yourself to gasp in wonder at.

I'm not a yokel. I live right in the centre of Perth,. <_<:P

By the way, this is not a wind-up, for all you doubters! I actually did go to Strathclyde for my Summer holiday. :(

When my mum told me we were going there, I didn't actually mind. I don't really like going abroad that much to be honest! :ph34r:

We usually like Hiltons, and we wanted to go to somewhere else in Scotland, without having to make too long a journey, so we all mutually agreed to go in the end.

I suppose was expecting it to be a bit of a dump though, but I didn't think there would be people cacking their breeks left, right and centre.

I think - and this may be my ex-Hilton employee geekiness talking - that the "Strathclyde" in Strathclyde Hilton relates to nearby Strathclyde Park, as evidences by the Family Saints' trip to M&Ds.

Yup the Strathclyde Hilton is just up the road a bit at Bellshill.

Wow a holiday in Bellshill, that really is grim! I wonder if they'll try Coatbridge next year, or maybe Airdrie - both are lovely at this time of year :lol:

Yup the Strathclyde Hilton is just up the road a bit at Bellshill.

Wow a holiday in Bellshill, that really is grim! I wonder if they'll try Coatbridge next year, or maybe Airdrie - both are lovely at this time of year :lol:

:lol:

Sorry dude, it sounds like you got a shit holiday indeed. Just be glad your parents have the money to take you on holiday!

I've not been on holiday with my parent's for a few years but this October, they have booked a cottage on Islay right on the beach. I have requested that they stretch me an invite! Really looking forward to sitting next to a traditional coal fire.

I hope you get a better holiday next year.

Archived