Glasgow Area 5's

Kylesons

What about 9pm on a Thursday for 7's?

It's probably too late this week to get it done but if we can have 14 names confirmed by this Thursday I could get it booked for next week.

I would be game for this although apart from this Thursday I can't make the next two.

Just to check, do we want to run the 7's alongside the 5's or instead of it? I'd be more than happy to have them both every week.

I'd be happy with both. I think it's glaringly obvious I need to get fitter, so might benifit from an extra game a week.

Btw I'm now sober as a judge and would like to apologise for my shitey posting last night. Free smacked bottom for me from a grafter of my choice.

Scotstoun Area Seven's.

C.Muir

What about 9pm on a Thursday for 7's?

It's probably too late this week to get it done but if we can have 14 names confirmed by this Thursday I could get it booked for next week.

Should make next week, however as you said, doubt I'd make this Thursday as it's a bit late notice for folk if they've other plans.

I'll have to declare myself out for Thursdays. My girlfriend goes to Zumba on Thursdays and I am required to stay at home with the lad.

VL.

I would be game for this although apart from this Thursday I can't make the next two.

Working or fake raping lassies in nightclubs? :P

I played 5s at Scotstoun the other day, it was £13 an hour during the day!

I'd be astonished if it was more than £3 a man for a game of 7s and it's probably less than that.

Good stuff. Only ever played 7's on public parks, come to think of it, and there's only 2 different 5's pitches I've ever played at in my life, so I've no idea what the going rate generally is.

Would work out a hell of a lot cheaper. Think my zone card for the train would cover my travel completely if its around Scotstoun too, so that'd make life a hell of a lot easier than the monday night graft at the powerleague.

I played 5s at Scotstoun the other day, it was £13 an hour during the day!

I'd be astonished if it was more than £3 a man for a game of 7s and it's probably less than that.

Playing at night it's about £35 or £36 quid, if I remember correctly.

You won't be paying more than £3 a man.

Nearly forgot, if folk have a Glasgow gym card/leisure card, whatever, it will be cheaper.

Edited by coldojag

Anyone here play/know any 5 a-side leagues that I can maybe get a few of the boys together to join? If so then how do you go about entering a team? Looking for a league that plays midweek if possible.

Currently play up at Townhead in Glasgow but the only league spots they have are at the weekend and a lot of the boys play for teams then.

Any help would be smashing!

Cheers

Anyone here play/know any 5 a-side leagues that I can maybe get a few of the boys together to join? If so then how do you go about entering a team? Looking for a league that plays midweek if possible.

Currently play up at Townhead in Glasgow but the only league spots they have are at the weekend and a lot of the boys play for teams then.

Any help would be smashing!

Cheers

Me and a few mates just joined a Thursday night league at Goals in Shawlands a few weeks ago, but not sure if there still looking for teams. Maybe worth getting in touch?

I would play 7s on a Thursday.

Even if it's this Thursday, I would probably be able to rearrange things to play.

Def up for Scotstoun as it's very handy for me!!

Perhaps we should have a Glasgow Area 7s... or Glasgow West 7s thread?

Also, I would not be up for joining a league. 5s is supposed to be fun and I don't fancy getting skinned rotton off sknny wee kids in cellic or rangers tops who, like, try and sh!t.

Edit to add, could perhaps get a couple of bodies for a Thursday game if we were short. No guarantees, just got a few folk in mind who would perhaps play.

Edited by Piehutt

Is there any chance I can get a lift back to the general Anniesland/Jordanhill area tonight if you've got the car?

Yeah, me too, if possible.

Thursday at 9 isn't great for me incidentally.

Lifts available, however could I request you just leave straight after the game and don't go back into the changing rooms to get showered / changed etc.

You can chuck your bag in the car and even leave your boots on.

Just to try and get back in at a reasonable hour.

Is this booked for 9.30?