P&b Running Club

My now usual extremely hilly just short of 10k route completed today in 56:56, about 40 seconds off my last go at it. Will keep at it until I can get it below 50 minutes.

Edited by Ross.

Ok, Tuesday was 2 x 3 sets of hills, running off the hill. No point in doing all that work to pass someone on a hill for them just to pass you again. Then last man standing - 10 mins of hill running. Legs were like lead after that.

Thursday was 3 x 2k efforts with 5 mins rest between reps.

Parkrun maybe tomorrow and then 10 mile LSD run tomorrow (Long, Slow, Distance).

Swimming, unfortunately :(

Its felt like it a couple of times in the last week.

It was absolutely battering down when I was out on thursday for over an hour. I had quite a lot of kit on in an attempt to keep warm. The weight in it with all the rain was incredible when I finally managed to peel off.

That's some rate of improvement, good effort !

My next attempt at it was just under a minute slower....

Also managed to add another detour onto it which involves yet another hill, but takes me to approx 9.8km, which is now close enough to 10k for me to call it 10k, and I don't care what anyone else thinks.

First post in this thread

After two years of doing no running apart from the odd 10 minutes on treadmill I decided a week past Sunday to start running again.

For last two years I have been mainly cycling but with the winter coming decided go running.

Since a week past Sunday have covered 48km.

Did a 10k yesterday in under 54 minutes thought that was not bad and feel I could improve on that with bit of work.

Been using nike running app find it really helpful

This thread had slipped to page 3, have people stopped running now the dark nights are here?

I think I must have forgotten how much marathons hurt, I signed up to do Edinburgh next year. It's only 5 weeks after London but I'm hoping that'll be long enough to recover.

I'm going to do Parkrun this weekend but I'm not sure if I'll do Pollok or Strathclyde. I'll maybe wait to see how windy it is before deciding.

This thread had slipped to page 3, have people stopped running now the dark nights are here?

I think I must have forgotten how much marathons hurt, I signed up to do Edinburgh next year. It's only 5 weeks after London but I'm hoping that'll be long enough to recover.

I'm going to do Parkrun this weekend but I'm not sure if I'll do Pollok or Strathclyde. I'll maybe wait to see how windy it is before deciding.

I actually haven't run a single step since the GSRHM. I think it's a combination of:

A) I scunnered myself with all the training,

B ) I've also been in the gym this year trying to bulk up a bit, and that plus distance running are kinda contradictory. I put on 5lbs Feb-Sep, but have now managed a further 7lbs in the last 8 weeks, so I'm kinda enjoying the benefits there and don't wanna go backwards again.

PS I'm not wanting to be a gym monster, my whole life I've been about a stone and a half underweight for my height, I've finally committed to doing something about it.