P&b Running Club

I'm really really lacking in running mojo just now - still forcing myself to go out 2/3 times a week, in the hope that I snap out of it, but it's torture. I think it's because I don;t seem to be getting any (even small) wins to motivate myself. My pace time's poorer that it was, even just a couple of years ago.

I topped it all last night by having one of those runs where it just wasn't happening - 10 minutes into it I found myself stopping and walking, I didn't make a conscious decision to, it's as if my body just stopped working. I got going again after 30 seconds, but the same happened 2 mins later. After a further 30 secs, I restarted and managed to knock out another 18 minutes, but the only way I did that was by telling myself it was my punishment for being so poor earlier in the run.

I've tried varying my runs between long/slow and short/quick, even gone and done a couple of hill sessions just to mix things up. I just wanna back into it, but it's not happening. It's more like a chore just now.

First ever win for me this morning at Springburn Parkrun. Delighted to finally get that 1st win monkey off my back. Finished in 18 mins 14 secs - outside pb by 3 seconds although that was due to the windy/rainy conditions.

First ever win for me this morning at Springburn Parkrun. Delighted to finally get that 1st win monkey off my back. Finished in 18 mins 14 secs - outside pb by 3 seconds although that was due to the windy/rainy conditions.

Nae bad going there, congrats.

Think I came 9th once at Pollok, that's my glory moment!

That's awesome, well done!

I ran 10 miles today My hips are f*cked though. I'm starting to wonder if I should see someone about them or if incorporating some yoga into my training would help. I suspect two children in the last few years hasn't helped...

But, the good news is I *will* complete GNR!

I did my first ever proper run today, a wee cafe near my work did a charity run for the Trussel Trust. I did four miles in 36:55. I realise that isn't a great clip but I was pretty pleased with it and really enjoyed it. I'm going to look our for any Edinburgh events in the next few weeks to have a go at another one.

A PB on the Eglinton Parkrun yesterday. 24.12, following up last weeks 23.38 at Strathclyde. Finally feeling I am getting back to a semblance of where I was 2 years ago.

Aim no is to get into the 22's at Strathclyde.

Well done Wee Bully, nothing better than a PB :thumsup2

I did my first ever proper run today, a wee cafe near my work did a charity run for the Trussel Trust. I did four miles in 36:55. I realise that isn't a great clip but I was pretty pleased with it and really enjoyed it. I'm going to look our for any Edinburgh events in the next few weeks to have a go at another one.

Good effort. If you don't mind the trek across town, the Parkrun at Cramond on Saturday mornings is really well ran. And flat, which is nice!

Managed my first 20-miler this afternoon, coming in at a little over 2h 50. Some of it hurt like hell but I'm glad I persevered; makes me feel that little bit better about Loch Ness now.

Did 36km this saturday as Loch Ness is only 5 weeks away. Probably the first time on a slow long run I felt I could actually go the distance. Now quite looking forward to my first marathon!

The secret seems to be drinking gallons of water the day before the run and the cheesiest tunes on the iPod. Nothing like hitting mile 20 to the Eye of the Tiger!!

Btw great times for those park runs. Genuinely impressive.

Out tonight for a post holiday jog and will try to assess where I am fitness wise. The Luzern HM is on the 26th of October so I still have a good 8 weeks to get in shape, but I haven't been running much recently and have been sticking to shorter distances up the hills when I have. Will give it a fortnight and see what I can manage before deciding whether or not to register.

9km in about 50 minutes. A wee bit slower than I would have liked but was good just to get some distance covered. Will go out again on Wednesday and see if I can add another 3 or 4 km onto that.

Having done my first timed run I'm looking for a 10K to do in the next month or so.

Got it down to the following

Stirling 10K - 14/9

Scottish Gas 10K - 21/9

Linlithgow 10K - 28/9

Forth Bridge 10K - 26/10

Winter Warmer (Holyrood park) 10K - 02/11

I think I'm going to do the Scottish Gas 10K for sure - the Stirling one looks a bit more for serious athletics club runners. I'll try and do one of the Forth Bridge and Winter Warmer runs as well.

There's a good little run that is 10K that I can do near my house as a warm up - down the Union canal to Cargo and back. It'll be good for preparing as I can break things down and I know how long it is so have a good timing point.

Edinburgh parkrun for me this morning, clocked an unofficial 19:56 for my second sub 20 5k. Was looking good for a new PB at 3k but coming back into the wind killed that hope off; still fair chuffed with it, mind.

My next LSR tomorrow morning & then the Scottish Half in East Lothian next Saturday next up. Unsure whether to run for a time or use it as a training run for Loch Ness in 4 weeks...

Paisley 10k for me this morning. Not much fun as I have had manflu most of the week and only got in two runs (a 10k outdoors before it took hold and a 5k on treadmill on Thursday).

Finished in 50th place in 38 mins 2 secs. Disappointed with that as I was hoping for a pb initially (sub 36 mins 41 secs) and sub 38 mins given illness. Pretty warm conditions didn't help matters and ran a horrible positive split as a result of that and cold (1st 5k was 18 mins 15 secs and 2nd 5km was a torrid 19 mins 47 secs).

Anyway onwards and upwards - GSR Half Marathon training distance training starts next Sunday and will probably do the Kilmacolm 10k in a fortnight as well!