P&b Running Club

I still haven't ran since the half marathon in Glasgow :ph34r:

Hoping to get out over the weekend and kickstart my year of 10K improvement.

Same (apart from one 4 miler in October) !! :lol:

On the fruit /cut the crap diet now, and going out this evening to commence losing a few pounds. Will no doubt suffer and hate it for the first couple of weeks until I get back into it, and will see what halfs or, here's a thought, full marathons pop up on the radar. Loch Ness just before I hit 40 in October, maybe?

Went out yesterday morning for the first time in 5 or 6 weeks, managed 4.5k in just over 22 minutes, which is pretty good by my standards. Will be back out tomorrow morning, see if I can add another street to my route and have a go at 5k for a few weeks before adding a bit more distance.

Yeah, thats the same problem I have with Shotts being such a small place there is really only one or two routes I can run at night. Have went out a run 4 days in a row now starting to see some improvements after taking the majority of December off.

Same (apart from one 4 miler in October) !! :lol:

On the fruit /cut the crap diet now, and going out this evening to commence losing a few pounds. Will no doubt suffer and hate it for the first couple of weeks until I get back into it, and will see what halfs or, here's a thought, full marathons pop up on the radar. Loch Ness just before I hit 40 in October, maybe?

Well, first time out in ages went ok. 4.3 hilly, blustery miles. Had a couple of short breathers but will get past that soon enough. Time was comical though, but it's really all about getting miles in the legs again, isn't it?

Well, first time out in ages went ok. 4.3 hilly, blustery miles. Had a couple of short breathers but will get past that soon enough. Time was comical though, but it's really all about getting miles in the legs again, isn't it?

Yes shouldn't take long.

I'm sure your 'comical' time is still faster than me!

I went to running club last night for my first run in 6 weeks. I don't know if I've left enough recovery time after the tonsillitis, but I averaged 9:30 min/mile! :( Did just under 3 miles and I was knackered. Here's hoping it wont take long to get back into it...

It was actually *slightly* better than I had expected given how long I've been off and that I'd been ill. But disappointing when I'd been about 8:30 min/miles in November over short distances (i.e. about 3 miles). I'd like to get my 5k time down to sub 25 mins this year and 10k to sub 50 mins at some point, too.

18km completed on the dreadmill in 83minutes. Slowly but surely getting to half marathon distance. Only out of breath as a ran the last km at 16km per hour. Legs were tiring though. I will go for a short recovery run tomorrow before swapping to day shift.

Edited by young_bairn

18km completed on the dreadmill in 83minutes. Slowly but surely getting to half marathon distance. Only out of breath as a ran the last km at 16km per hour. Legs were tiring though. I will go for a short recovery run tomorrow before swapping to day shift.

That's a very impressive time - as much so because of overcoming the boredom of the treadmill as well as the run itself!

That's a very impressive time - as much so because of overcoming the boredom of the treadmill as well as the run itself!

Cheers mate. This was on 0 incline though. I will take on the hills when I get home. I have 2 months to sort everything out before the race.

The boredom is excruciating, espicially if you see the gym we use out here.

Cheers mate. This was on 0 incline though. I will take on the hills when I get home. I have 2 months to sort everything out before the race.

The boredom is excruciating, espicially if you see the gym we use out here.

Is it the Alloa Half you're doing?

Alloa is deceptively hilly, be warned. Tonight was my first run since the Glasgow half. I wasn't sure if I should post in this thread or the Grown Men Do Cry thread. The knee pain I suffered 3 months ago during and after the race is still there. No running for me until I get it properly looked at.

Went along to the Edinburgh parkrun this morning to meet up with a few guys from the work. Got round in 31.47 which is a new pb for me didnt see that coming after my poor time a starthyclyde the week before.

Edinburgh is the easiest parkrun I've done so far also been to Falkirk and Strathy. Only got to run Glasgow to complete all the central belt parkruns. Edinburght is flat for the full 5k hence the pb only problem is the sheer number of runners was between 300 and 400 today. I started at the back and actually ran 5.06k so was a fair bit away from the start line wil no doubt quieting down was everyone gives up on their new year resolution.

I ran a PB of 22:50 for the 3.3mile handicap race on Tuesday.

On Thursday I had an easy session of a few 1k reps.

Today I ran 21:34 for the parkrun. I was happy with that, but I do feel I could have picked the pace up from about 1.5k out, not in the final kilometre.

Killer session on Tuesday planned. Hard up the hill (about 200metres), then easy down the other side, turn round and back up hill hard and easy down the first hill. 3 x 3 reps of them with 3-5mins rest between reps. Easy Session planned on Thursday - 2 x 4k easy efforts with 5 min rest between reps. Then on Sunday it is the Durham Cathedreal X-C relays. This is 3 x 3K team relay. Going to try and get as close to 12 mins as possible for my leg.