P&b Running Club

I seem to have twisted my knee and can't seem to walk on it correctly. Hurts like a bitch!

Sympathies. I've got a similar problem, started about a week ago (and not cos I was running). It's not sore as such, just feels really odd and is clicking a wee bit. Never had a knee problem before.

I'm thinking it might be psychosomatic, as I've just signed up to "support" my superfit friend to do the Swissman event next year, basically an Ironman up the Swiss alps. The swimming bit will be fine (I just hold his towel), I'm okay with the cycling bit (I drive a car), but for the marathon at the end, I need to run with him. Even that wouldn't be so bad but you finish a mile higher than when you start. This coming from the guy who finds the hill at the Tollcross parkrun daunting. :unsure:

A month since my last run. Rejoined the gym just over a week ago, though my 2 visits so far have been mostly core work and then heavy on the bike. Hate the treadmill, but will need to get back into running before I end up out of shape. Nothing worse than trying to start again after a few months out.

Managed 10k in 54 minutes last night. Quite pleased with that given that a year or two ago I'd be lucky if I could run 10 metres never mind 10,000.

Hoping to do a couple of 10k races in spring/summer then build up to being able to complete the Scottish half marathon in September. Always nice to have something to aim for.

Edited by Duffy_

A month since my last run. Rejoined the gym just over a week ago, though my 2 visits so far have been mostly core work and then heavy on the bike. Hate the treadmill, but will need to get back into running before I end up out of shape. Nothing worse than trying to start again after a few months out.

Tell me about it. I'm trying to get back into after fannying about most of the year.

The difference between my pace and stamina this time last year compared to just now are unbelievable

*FINALLY* managed under 25 minutes for Tollcross parkrun today (in fact managed to slip under my (friendly) rival's time too). Well happy with this. Managed 25 mins for 5k plenty other times, but not over the hills at Tollcross.

Also spoke to Bishyton today!

Yeah it was good to put a face to the name. Was going to ask if you went sub 25 mins and am pleased to read that you did - well done!

Didn't expect to be running the Tollcross hills this morning as I was on my way to Vicky Park when I noticed it had been cancelled on FB. Luckily I was still on way into City Centre at the time and managed to get train out to Carntyne in plenty of time.

Happy with a big new course pb of 19 mins 5 secs. Forgot just how hard Tollcross is - I think doing the flat Vicky Park (and South Manchester) course for the last number of weeks has made me a bit soft lol!

I've been doing bootcamp/insanity/circuits the last couple of weeks (4 high intensity workouts a week) and stopped eating sweets, crisps and drinking coca cola. I've lost half a stone and I'm feeling strong. I'm using this as a kick start to my half marathon training. I was carrying too much weight and running was harder than it usually is. Aiming at a couple of races later in the year next year.

Been doing 10 min pace runs on treadmill as part of my workout the last couple of weeks between Monday and Thursday. Monday and Wednesday are uphill runs (setting 2.0), with Tuesday and Thursday being flat ones. Averaging 2.7-2.8km on uphill and 2.85-2.98km on flat which is far quicker than my race pace. This should hopefully result in quicker times going forward!