P&b Running Club

12 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

Buzzing for the run tomorrow.....the weather forecast, not so much!

Any advice for a severely soggy run?

Wear a cap. Should help keep most of the rain out of your eyes and stop any hair product running into them (a problem I've had a few times!). Was peeing it down for Dumfries half a few weeks ago but, cap aside, I just wore my club shirt and shorts. Once you get going you'll probably be warm and wishing you hadn't worn a jacket.

Was annoyed with myself when I found out the race happened to be a weekend I was back home for the football but entries were full, however had a few shin problems that have stopped me running the last few days but probably worked out for the best. Good luck to everyone running it.

And seems like we're getting an adult parkrun in Dumfries by the end of the year, which is nice.

Christ. Running the half marathon tomorrow, but instead of getting an early night, I'm constantly F5ing the weather forecast hoping the rain will magically disappear - and reading a Wikipedia article about Tuvan throat singing. 

Nervous adrenaline must be pumping

Guest bernardblack
Christ. Running the half marathon tomorrow, but instead of getting an early night, I'm constantly F5ing the weather forecast hoping the rain will magically disappear - and reading a Wikipedia article about Tuvan throat singing. 

Only a 20% chance of rain at 11am now!!

Was 95% yesterday

9 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

3 hours ago, bernardblack said:

Only a 20% chance of rain at 11am now!!

Was 95% yesterday

Take an umbrella just in case.

Never done any sort of distance running in my life but signed up for the half today in Glasgow through work for charity. My ankle is in pretty bad shape as the outer tendon is fairly painful so haven't been able t run for a week or so. Dreading it tbh, ideally would skip it but when people have donated etc just can't take the shame of not doing it. Will be a terrible time as I crawl round but not too fussed as long as I finish.

Then never run again.

Not quite under two hours but a PB of 2:03 so chuffed with that.

How did everyone else find the conditions today?

It wasn't too bad for the 10k, other than starting cold after only standing for two minutes! No envy of the rain falling whilst I was heading away.

But, the run went well - well paced and a nice, shiny, although slightly bittersweet PB of 39 mins exactly! Delighted with that

It wasn't too bad for the 10k, other than starting cold after only standing for two minutes! No envy of the rain falling whilst I was heading away.

But, the run went well - well paced and a nice, shiny, although slightly bittersweet PB of 39 mins exactly! Delighted with that

Fantastic running - well done on the pb.

It is always a bit irritating when you get so close to going sub a time. You are happy, but a tad disappointed that you failed to go one measly second faster!

I ran 1:37:10 today.  A PB by about 30 seconds.  I'm pretty happy with that, running hasn't been my main focus this year and I was thinking I'd do well to go under 1:40.  I was a little concerned about the conditions but thankfully the wind wasn't as much of a factor as the forecast lead to believe.  A bit of a head wind once we got on to the Broomielaw but adrenaline had took over by that stage.

Well done to folk who ran at the weekend - you got a lovely day for it!

Had to stop for a few days as my shins were sore. Felt fine on Sunday and Monday walking about so went to club last night, only for the pain to crop up again. Any ideals to deal with it apart from rest? Watched some self massage (fnarr fnarr) videos on Youtube and tried that but open to anything else as it's getting annoying.

Guest bernardblack
Well done to folk who ran at the weekend - you got a lovely day for it!
Had to stop for a few days as my shins were sore. Felt fine on Sunday and Monday walking about so went to club last night, only for the pain to crop up again. Any ideals to deal with it apart from rest? Watched some self massage (fnarr fnarr) videos on Youtube and tried that but open to anything else as it's getting annoying.

Do you run with shin compression things? (No idea what they are actually called)

I used to get constant shin pain as soon as I started running, found out I was tying my trainers to tight and that was it!

1 hour ago, bernardblack said:

Do you run with shin compression things? (No idea what they are actually called)

I used to get constant shin pain as soon as I started running, found out I was tying my trainers to tight and that was it!

Nah as it's never really been a problem until last week. Walked into work this morning and it was bloody sore!