P&b Running Club

Yeah thats pretty hard and you've got that wee hill on both laps. Still when you get to the top of it its largely downhill.

I'll see how strathclyde park goes this saturday. I'm only about 6 or 7 miles from that probably.

The section of the park they use is really flat so should be good for PBs

I have signed up for Park run now they have established a strathclyde park one I could never face the journey to and from Pollock park first thing on a saturday morning.

The section of the park they use is really flat so should be good for PBs

I have signed up for Park run now they have established a strathclyde park one I could never face the journey to and from Pollock park first thing on a saturday morning.

Yep, done it today and it is a completely different run than Pollok. My time was much quicker, in fact easily my best time for a 5K park run (although still room for a lot of improvement). Was chuffin freezing this morning. Also better 'cos there were a lot less folk than pollok, where there's now simply too many folk. Gets a bit daft with all the wobblebottoms there.

I go running about 3/4 times a week - maybe around 4-5 kms per session, but looking at some HIIT stuff right now.

Anyone on here do it, and how often do you do it? I'm reading an article write now that suggestes that it'll only take about 15 mins in total, is this right? Does it severly f**k you up for the rest of days?

Sounds mental, but mental fun :)

I go running about 3/4 times a week - maybe around 4-5 kms per session, but looking at some HIIT stuff right now.

Anyone on here do it, and how often do you do it? I'm reading an article write now that suggestes that it'll only take about 15 mins in total, is this right? Does it severly f**k you up for the rest of days?

Sounds mental, but mental fun smile.gif

As am I.

I've only started going at varied paces instead of a constant jog but taking the same route as before. I find I am coming in a lot sweater and my legs are feeling it the next again day. Don't know if this can count for HIIT stuff right enough.

Sounds mental, but mental fun :)

Yes it doesn't take very long normally. Mainly because you simply can't go at that sort of intensity for too long initially. There's a fairly good chance that you will chunder the first few times until you're body gets accustomed to it. It's pretty hardcore but it's a brilliant way to train.

It doesn't fook you up for days though. Eventually you find that as you become fitter and fitter you will still be completely wiped after it but you will recover far faster and be ready to go again quicker.

Find a short steep hill and run up it and walk back down. Do a series of those and see the difference it makes to you in a few weeks. ;)

Find a short steep hill and run up it and walk back down. Do a series of those and see the difference it makes to you in a few weeks. wink.gif

How many times in the 15 mins, as many as you can? Should you rest at all during the 15 minutes?

Edited by The Hero of the Day

Hello

My younger brother ran the London Marathon today (4 hours 2 minutes) and it has inspired me to get back into running. Anyway, see the Glasgow half marathon in September - do wastrels and fun runners do it too or is the "fun" element of it in the 10k?

Do you understand?

I've just started trying to have a 15 minute jog everyday in the hope of improving general fitness - but I hear a lot of people saying that jogging on pavement badly affects your leg joints, is it better to just jog on treadmills?

Edited by YOGI IS GOD

I've just started trying to have a 15 minute jog everyday in the hope of improving general fitness - but I hear a lot of people saying that jogging on pavement badly affects your leg joints, is it better to just jog on treadmills?

jogging for 15 mins isn't likely to do you any damage and treadmills can be just as damaging as tarmac.

If you are worried go to a running shop and get fitted for a pair of shoes that match your gait. (You can probably get them cheaper on the internet and the consultations are usually free)

Hello

My younger brother ran the London Marathon today (4 hours 2 minutes) and it has inspired me to get back into running. Anyway, see the Glasgow half marathon in September - do wastrels and fun runners do it too or is the "fun" element of it in the 10k?

Do you understand?

I've never done Glasgow but if it's anything like Edinburgh then there will be a fair amount of charity and fun runners in it. You tend to find that larger mass-participation events attract people of all types of fitness and ability, it's just smaller races that attract serious runners only.

Back to the chiro tomorrow for me. After a couple of months of work my knee was showing some great signs of recovery. I had started running again although it was still sore walking up stairs.

Anyway, went to footie training last Wednesday for the first time and I've definitely done something to it as the back of the knee is still sore and the knee cap keeps feeling like it's going to lock. Plus there is a horrible crunching (not bone) noise when I bend and straighten my leg. Very frustrating. :(

Back to the chiro tomorrow for me. After a couple of months of work my knee was showing some great signs of recovery. I had started running again although it was still sore walking up stairs.

Anyway, went to footie training last Wednesday for the first time and I've definitely done something to it as the back of the knee is still sore and the knee cap keeps feeling like it's going to lock. Plus there is a horrible crunching (not bone) noise when I bend and straighten my leg. Very frustrating. :(

You've done a ligament probably.

Go and get it looked at. Hopefully just a rest job and let it heal up. I did that a few weeks ago when I felt pain when pushing backwards to stretch for a shot playing squash. Not that sore at the time but very sore when going upstairs. Not sore at all walking or running. Just a ligament strain and its totally fine now.

I know a guy that snapped his cruciate and didnt realise it. Played on for about a month in a bit of pain after matches before he went to see about it. :( Sometimes these things can be worse than they seem at the time.

I have to eat before I run. You need fuel before you do any exercise.

But not right before exercise, an expert will tell us why but I always suffer from stomach cramps if I eat anything more than a banana within a couple of hours prior to running.

Chiro agrees with Reynard's diagnosis of my symptoms. I've some strengthening exercises to perform then visit him again next week. If it's still shagged then he'll send me to a physio.