The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Brilliant end to the match that could have been over long ago so credit to Woakes and Buttler keeping them in the match and of course Plunkett.

This is only the eighth time in 665 matches that England have tied a ODI match and Woakes 95* is the highest score by a number eight in ODI match.

Nick Compton has decided to take an indefinite break from all forms of cricket.

I'd imagine it'll be either Borthwick (who is now a batsman, apparently) as a direct replacement or Vince at 3, Bairstow at 5 and Buttler at 7 as keeper.

I'd imagine it'll be either Borthwick (who is now a batsman, apparently) as a direct replacement or Vince at 3, Bairstow at 5 and Buttler at 7 as keeper.

In relation to Borthwick, didn't Steve Smith get brought into the Australia team initially as a spinner? He's done alright.

Buttler has very little if any chance of a return to the test team. More likely to see Stokes come back and at the same time Woakes keeping his place.

Dont think the selectors have the guts to do that though.

Buttler has very little if any chance of a return to the test team. More likely to see Stokes come back and at the same time Woakes keeping his place.

Dont think the selectors have the guts to do that though.

I don't think there's a need for Anderson and Broad and Finn and Woakes and Stokes.  It's more likely Finn vs Woakes for one position if Stokes is fit to come back.    The batting is the issue.  Good to have competition for places though.