The Cricket Thread

bewlay

7 minutes ago, jmothecat said:

I'm just imagining the look of joy on Sir Geoffrey's face.

As someone tweeted in to TMS earlier, all 11 England batsmen need to channel their inner Geoffrey.

Thought India got it wrong at the start tbh, I expected them to get spin on right from the start with a lot of bodies around the bat.

Just now, jmothecat said:

Umpire's call is a tricky one. Obviously needed for the margin of error but I can see why India are frustrated by both decisions.

Have to agree with Botham that if you use a review and an umpire's call decision goes against you then you shouldn't lose the review.

Have to agree with Botham that if you use a review and an umpire's call decision goes against you then you shouldn't lose the review.

I think there's definitely an argument for that but then it might increase the use of frivolous reviews. I suppose the review is theoretically there for 'the howler', rather than when you think 'well it might be out so I'll review'.

2 minutes ago, jmothecat said:

I think there's definitely an argument for that but then it might increase the use of frivolous reviews. I suppose the review is theoretically there for 'the howler', rather than when you think 'well it might be out so I'll review'.

But as Botham says if it is still clearly wrong, e.g in these two cases the ball was clearly missing the stumps or impact was outside the line then you would still lose them, i don't think you can brand it as frivolous when a different umpire could easily have give both of them out.

Hameed goes lbw.