The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Complete thundercunting from The Sun, no wonder Stokes is pissed off. His mother being put through the ringer by these c***s for no reason.

I really hope somebody gets their jotters for that one. There’s a lot of bad tabloid journalism, but that’s something else.

Sun "journalists" are absolute fucking sewer rats. I'd genuinely love to see one of these c***s doorstep a very angry armed person having a very bad day.

Magnificent telt deployed by Stokes there though.

Ben Stokes has literally been the hero of English Cricket, and British sport as a whole this summer but the S*n couldn’t wait to get in there with some negativity. Fucking vile c***s. I hope his mother is alright tbh.

The thing is they wont see it as a negative story - they'll have seen it as the opportunity to run a "secret heartbreak behind the hero" story and thought that everyone will go "what a guy, to have that in your family and to do what he's done" and thank them for bringing it to their attention. 

They clearly haven't thought one iota about what raking it all up in public will mean to his mother, his brother, his dad and Ben Stokes himself. I can understand why they've run it based on the above para BUT someone somewhere in a position of authority within the office should clearly have thought it wasn't in the public interest, especially as it involved children, and pulled it from the paper.

Its one of the biggest misunderstandings of what the public want from a media group that I can remember in a long long time. This isn't catching out Botham with a mistress, catching some players spot fixing or KP telling us all he's an egotistical tit this is telling the whole world about something that should be private unless he wants to speak about it.

A massive fail for which they are rightly getting a kicking.

Why is this fuckin rag still on the go? Who the f**k buys it?

The thing is they wont see it as a negative story - they'll have seen it as the opportunity to run a "secret heartbreak behind the hero" story and thought that everyone will go "what a guy, to have that in your family and to do what he's done" and thank them for bringing it to their attention. 
They clearly haven't thought one iota about what raking it all up in public will mean to his mother, his brother, his dad and Ben Stokes himself. I can understand why they've run it based on the above para BUT someone somewhere in a position of authority within the office should clearly have thought it wasn't in the public interest, especially as it involved children, and pulled it from the paper.
Its one of the biggest misunderstandings of what the public want from a media group that I can remember in a long long time. This isn't catching out Botham with a mistress, catching some players spot fixing or KP telling us all he's an egotistical tit this is telling the whole world about something that should be private unless he wants to speak about it.

Incredibly poor by such an in-form T20 Scotland side to lose to a weakened Ireland side that weren’t on great form anyway. Maybe the game yesterday tired Scotland out.
Starting the obvious but what I've seen of these last two games the bowling department is a definite achilles heel.

7 hours ago, Jason King said:

They'll have had two versions of this story prepared, imo. 

1. Stokes wins the world cup and produces a miracle innings to win at Headingly = your example. 

2. Stokes hadn't won the World Cup and failed throughout the Ashes tests = "STOKES FAMILY MURDER SHAME"

They are utter fucking vermin. 

Guest Moomintroll
Starting the obvious but what I've seen of these last two games the bowling department is a definite achilles heel.
It is unfortunate as we have a solid, aggressive top & middle order but we do have a comparatively weak bowling attack at the moment. Will win more often than not against other associate teams but will take a few high scoring poundings in next years T20 World Cup, we will be entertaining to watch though.