The Cricket Thread

bewlay

On what’s happening now rather than what happened before lunch Australia for me are taking a big gamble that stokes will f**k one and be caught before he racks up enough runs.   A lot has been talked about Englands approach to risk, but I think it’s Australia here who are making the mistake here.

Just now, parsforlife said:

On what’s happening now rather than what happened before lunch Australia for me are taking a big gamble that stokes will f**k one and be caught before he racks up enough runs.   A lot has been talked about Englands approach to risk, but I think it’s Australia here who are making the mistake here.

It’s not like they haven’t seen this story before. 

Had a look at what they're doing to replace the Cricket World Cup League 2 for the next few years, and it seems utterly silly that Scotland will remain in the same diddy league, below Ireland and Windies after beating them both in this tournament.

They're ditching the top league, but this whole World Cricket League makes it much harder for Scotland to play series against comparable nations, and instead have to play Nepal and the USA in series constantly.

Edited by Ray Patterson

4 minutes ago, Ray Patterson said:

Had a look at what they're doing to replace the Cricket World Cup League 2 for the next few years, and it seems utterly silly that Scotland will remain in the same diddy league, below Ireland and Windies after beating them both in this tournament.

Not sure we can afford anything else as the ICC seem to be giving every rupee in the game to pay Kohli to act like a spoilt child every time an Umpire doesnt give him what he demands.

Bairstow was out, no question. Crowd fired up and Stokes fired up - they may yet regret not calling Bairstow back but not going to happen if they were aggrieved at the Starc issue last night. 

Broad is also the perfect foil for Stokes. No technique but he's getting fired into the Aussies to keep the crowd in the game. 

Stokes is a phenomenal cricketer.

Steve Smith is getting off lightly after dropping an absolute dolly which wins the match. 

1 minute ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Amazed 49% of people still think Australia will win this. Been a staggering run chase from England and they'll win

Australia completely rattled by the octogenarian members of the MCC and Ben Stokes.  This is sensational.  

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

Australia completely rattled by the octogenarian members of the MCC and Ben Stokes.  This is sensational.  

I have no idea what happened, but until it gets clarified one way or another I am a bit concerned that it was Usman Khawaja who reacted, given that he is usually as chilled as you get.

1 minute ago, HTG said:

Bairstow was out, no question. Crowd fired up and Stokes fired up - they may yet regret not calling Bairstow back but not going to happen if they were aggrieved at the Starc issue last night. 

Broad is also the perfect foil for Stokes. No technique but he's getting fired into the Aussies to keep the crowd in the game. 

Stokes is a phenomenal cricketer.

Steve Smith is getting off lightly after dropping an absolute dolly which wins the match. 

Agree with most of that.   On the dropped catch,  I guess it’s the age old thing that they only get remembered if they result in a loss.   Smith will be hoping that he gets the win and it can be forgotten about. 

England are getting towards the stage where they can win this even if Stokes gets out. They might be rabbits but there are still 4 wickets to take. England are not quite in Headingly territory yet.