The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Been killing myself to get up early to watch this series. An absolutely brilliant performance by Cook and Pietersen and Panesar and Swann. Those four guys performances did the job for England and it keeps the series alive until the last game, which is great. I was fully expecting a total routing for England in this series and particularly expected them to be horsed after India ordered a worn, turning wicket for this test. AND England losing the toss, which would have normally meant them batting last and at least having to chase a big total on a nightmare spinning surface.

It was a tremendous test match for England really, and Petersen's century was absolutely outstanding. He batted beautifully and never looked in any great bother at all. When he is playing that way he does stuff not many others can do. Cook was his usual solid self too. The rest of the batting order were not fantastic though and will really need to chip in more. A win in India for England is a rarity, a win like THAT is a real rarity!

Punter retires.

One of the greats of the era.

Always thought he was a complete dick, but he showed an unexpected level of humility when England started kicking their arses. Which is a lot more than could be said for many of his team-mates. A fine batsman, no doubt. Very punchable face though.

Always thought he was a complete dick, but he showed an unexpected level of humility when England started kicking their arses. Which is a lot more than could be said for many of his team-mates. A fine batsman, no doubt. Very punchable face though.

Yep, agree with that. Love him or hate him you can't argue with the stats. Nice touch by the Saffers to give him a guard of honour as he came on for his last innings, followed by the time honoured tradition of getting him out for a low score (8 ) and giving his team a pumping.

Edited by peasy23

I always thought he looked a bit like he could be George W Bush's younger brother?

Well I like cricket. It is one of my favorite sport and it is something I never going to miss a single match. But I feels my favorite team England did not show the best colors these days. So I am little bit disappointed about that.

Dafuck?

Always thought he was a complete dick,.

I have noticed that the likes of Punter, Graham Smith, Langer, Kallis, Hayden, the Waughs provoke a lot more bile from the English than great batsmen who are not SA\ Australian. Never see quite the same thing at Lara, Tendulkar or Jayawardena. Personally I suspect its a bit like Pietersen, they just dont like people who are so open about their self belief.

Another terrific display by Cook, 132 not out as I head for my bed and he has been rarely troubled by the Indian bowlers. That's his 23rd test hundred which puts him top of the charts for England in that particular list. 206-1 at the moment.

England have been humped pillar to post over the past 14 months. Australia are a team on the up, England on the slide.

Oh dear! :lol:

As I said, England are a significantly better side than Australia. It's not at all close.

England have strength in depth. Australia have, well, Nathan Lyon and John Hastings :lol:

Love watching Cook bat just now - he's just so classy. Like a Rolls Royce.

Edited by H_B

What a session this is for england. :D

Last two tests are as well as I can ever remember England playing. They are destroying India, in India here. I cant remember the last team to do that. Brilliant test cricket.

Edited by Savage Henry

...another one bites the dust :D

This could (should?) be game over today.