The Cricket Thread

bewlay

For the first time really I actually thought Warne came across as a bit of a knob there (on Sky commentary).  He was pushing Atherton to agree with him about what England should do, and he just seemed to push it a bit too far.  It got a wee bit awkward I thought.

I agree with Warne in the sense that England should make a game of it and go on and try and win this - but Atherton (and probably most English cricket fans) doesn't really share that view and don't want to risk losing the Test. 

Aye Warney has had a few meltdowns this series.

Think he might be too close to the Aussie team to be objective now.

When punter was captain it almost seemed like he was happy for them to lose sometimes.

For the first time really I actually thought Warne came across as a bit of a knob there (on Sky commentary).  He was pushing Atherton to agree with him about what England should do, and he just seemed to push it a bit too far.  It got a wee bit awkward I thought.

I agree with Warne in the sense that England should make a game of it and go on and try and win this - but Atherton (and probably most English cricket fans) doesn't really share that view and don't want to risk losing the Test. 

When punter was captain it almost seemed like he was happy for them to lose sometimes.

Aye he's very good mates with Clarke, and on occasion it shows.

It can't be hard doing the commentary for your main rivals whilst they're giving you a good pummeling - especially if you were guilty of rubbing it in a bit when the shoe was on the other foot.

I always like listening to him commentate but it just seemed like his masked slipped a wee bit there - and maybe the cheeky-chappy persona is a wee bit put-on.

It can't be hard doing the commentary for your main rivals whilst they're giving you a good pummeling - especially if you were guilty of rubbing it in a bit when the shoe was on the other foot.

I always like listening to him commentate but it just seemed like his masked slipped a wee bit there - and maybe the cheeky-chappy persona is a wee bit put-on.

Warne's frustration was there for all of us to hear. It's just the culmination of a series where Australia have been heavily defeated but have been in the game in all the matches bar one. It was also interesting to hear him praise a couple of ex-Aussie captains in Border and especially Taylor. No mention of Steve Waugh. Funny that.

KP is key, stays in for another 5-6 overs and its 4:0, fascinating, enthralling stuff.

Kudos to the aussies for making a game of this.

Yep, they could have just have kept batting and made the draw a cert. at least they've had a go at trying to win it. Looks like it may backfire though.

KP is key, stays in for another 5-6 overs and its 4:0, fascinating, enthralling stuff.

Kudos to the aussies for making a game of this.

It's been said before but after Cronje declared to get a result that turned out to be dodgy,it takes a lot of guts to do what Clarke did.

With 10 overs to go and Pieterson just out, the Aussies will be feeling much better. Great knock by Pieterson but plenty of batting to come. England's bowlers must get a great deal of credit for the way they restricted Australia in their second innings. Still a chance for England but I think the run rate will start to climb now.