The Cricket Thread

bewlay

That's how I felt, fuss over nothing. Australian media calling England 'crass and arrogant' is hilarious.

Growing up during Australia's dominance has made me absolutely love this series. The more Broad pisses the Aussies off the more I like him. More of the same in the winter please!

completely agree

Australia win by 39 runs.

Turned out to be a good effort by England ending only 39 runs behind thanks mainly to Joe Root 90 not out.

England ended on 209-6 and with both teams runs making 457 runs which is the most runs ever scored in a International T20 match.

Next T20 match is on Saturday.

Australia win by 39 runs.

Turned out to be a good effort by England ending only 39 runs behind thanks mainly to Joe Root 90 not out.

England ended on 209-6 and with both teams runs making 457 runs which is the most runs ever scored in a International T20 match.

Next T20 match is on Saturday.

England's second highest ever T20 score. They'll need to get their thinking caps on to come up with a plan to bowl to Finch, he battered all the bowlers around the ground.

Was out so not seen the cricket today and England go and win the T20 match by 27 runs to tie the series.

England scored 195-5 (Hales 94) and Australia only got 168-9 (Warner 53).

The one day series start on Friday but England have a warm up game on Tuesday against Ireland.

Australia also have a warm up match on Tuesday against Scotland.

Was down at the game today, some great batting by England for the first 18 overs in general and Hales in particular, once Watson ran himself out it was pretty much game over. Good entertainment, though it was absolutely freezing in the top tier of the stand with the wind howling across the ground (think all the square sixes were on one side).

I see Mitchell Johnson was making noises about getting back into the Test team- he might be worth a gamble ahead of Starc; I was watching him in the warm up and he gets some pace and bounce and is capable of bowling jaffas at 90 mph+ but even with no batsman he does spray it about a bit, full tosses, wides, and everything. Watching Faulkner in the flesh he has a strange action as well, he seems to run up faster than he bowls, loses a lot of momentum through the crease.

I see Australia are 337/1 off 47 overs against Scotland today. Can see a winning margin of over 200.

Australia beat Scotland by exactly 200 runs.

England recovered from a bad start (48-4) to win by 6 wickets thanks to unbeaten centuries from Eoin Morgan (124) and Ravi Bopara (101).

Interesting fact that I saw from the BBC is that In the 2007 World Cup match between England and Ireland, Ed Joyce, playing for England, was bowled by Ireland's Boyd Rankin for one. In the 2013 ODI in Dublin, Joyce, playing for Ireland, was out hit wicket to England's Rankin for the same score.

Australia beat Scotland by exactly 200 runs.

England recovered from a bad start (48-4) to win by 6 wickets thanks to unbeaten centuries from Eoin Morgan (124) and Ravi Bopara (101).

Interesting fact that I saw from the BBC is that In the 2007 World Cup match between England and Ireland, Ed Joyce, playing for England, was bowled by Ireland's Boyd Rankin for one. In the 2013 ODI in Dublin, Joyce, playing for Ireland, was out hit wicket to England's Rankin for the same score.

I find this whole swapping countries thing a bit farcical.

Morgan, Joyce, Rankin, Gavin Hamilton back in the day.

I think the ICC need to address this, and have provisions for players representing non test playing nations having the freedom to play in "A" games and test matches for a test side (but not ODIs).

Ireland have come on a long way in the game and people are speculating that they may be eventually granted test status. Surely it's better for them as a nation if Rankin, Morgan, Joyce etc stay playing for them whenever possible

The ICC can then allow test nations to pick a player playing for Ireland, Netherlands, etc for development tours and eventually cap them.

I know this isn't a perfect system, but surely it's better than what we have right now?

So the England players have apologised inappropriate behaviour, I bet they are as sorry as Lehmann is for calling Broad a cheat.

They have nothing to apologise for IMO, at the end of the day they pissed on a bit of grass.

Lehmann shouldn't feel sorry at all for his comments about Broad as I think they are 100% spot on. Broad will cop alot more when he steps foot in this fine land. For the record I couldn't care less if the poms pissed, shit or even set fire to the wicket after that last test in London.

was recently almost involved in a brawl in a T20 match plus all the other shit he has got up to over the years.

Can't say I'm the biggest fan of Warney as a person even though he is a fellow Victorian but to be fair to him he didn't really do much wrong in that incident, was all fair game.

Scotland tossed away a winning position against Ireland yesterday which ended their hopes of qualifying automatically for the 2015 World cup, Ireland taking 9 off the last 3 balls with 1 wicket remaining to win- they had already qualified anyway, shame for them as mentioned above that their best players continue to defect to England and agree about the rules change above.