The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Essentially its comes down to who'd win in a fight?

Are there any guys in the England team who could handle themselves in an on-field brawl?

Not for me it doesn't. The personnel are broadly similar to last summer and Australia were absolutely shite. England have arrived under prepared and gave no thought to the fact that their batting would completely pack in.

Why in the name of all that's holy they persist with KP is beyond me. One arsehole winder of a shot after another. Anyone else would have been binned ages ago.

Why has Mitchell Johnson suddenly become this mythical figure - he's been bottling around for years. Get him fuckin nailed.

I blame Jimmy. When Clarke cracked that wee sledge at Brisbane he should have fuckin leathered him on the spot. That set a tone after all the whining that followed. Dinnae take that pish off Australians - fuckin batter them.

Not for me it doesn't. The personnel are broadly similar to last summer and Australia were absolutely shite. England have arrived under prepared and gave no thought to the fact that their batting would completely pack in.

Why in the name of all that's holy they persist with KP is beyond me. One arsehole winder of a shot after another. Anyone else would have been binned ages ago.

Why has Mitchell Johnson suddenly become this mythical figure - he's been bottling around for years. Get him fuckin nailed.

I blame Jimmy. When Clarke cracked that wee sledge at Brisbane he should have fuckin leathered him on the spot. That set a tone after all the whining that followed. Dinnae take that pish off Australians - fuckin batter them.

That's my point!

The Aussies have bullied them; and England have just bent over.

Joe Root sums up this England team; remember he actually got battered (OK slight exaggeration) by David Warner.

I noticed Johnson signing autographs with his right hand the other day yet he's a left arm fast bowler. Is it normal in cricket for a bowler to bowl with his "weaker" hand or is Johnson just a freak?

A lot of batsmen bat the opposite way around, probably so the dominant hand is the top hand.

Never noticed it in a bowler though.

Pietersen out for 45 taking unnecessary risks when required simply to stay in, yet again. :lol:

Sadly all too predictable, read through the BBC text commentary earlier. When he smacked the 6 the guy typing it said it's worrying that KP is looking for gaps in the field, that's usually a bad sign. Sure enough, within a few balls he's out. Decent stuff from Stokes today.