The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Moeen Ali bowled 1-54 from 13 overs... :lol:

Don't know why that Rasheed (sp) fella from Yorks. never got a chance. He may well be expensive but he couldn't be much worse than that.

Moeen Ali bowled 1-54 from 13 overs... :lol:

Don't know why that Rasheed (sp) fella from Yorks. never got a chance. He may well be expensive but he couldn't be much worse than that.

It's a strange one, Yorkshire had asked if they could have him back and were told no, and going by all the pundits comments they were pretty much told that he was playing in the last test so he was staying put. England need to find a proper spinner rather than rely on two part timers. Broad looked close to his best again, and Anderson bowled brilliantly, they need more support though.

Obviously been giving the chance to jump. What an idiotic and pointless selection he was for the tour.

Not necessarily, I thought it was fair he was given a chance, but not in all three tests. Lyth is a reliable scorer and should be given the chance for the NZ series, with Robson on standby since he has exhibited some very good form this season.

Not necessarily, I thought it was fair he was given a chance, but not in all three tests. Lyth is a reliable scorer and should be given the chance for the NZ series, with Robson on standby since he has exhibited some very good form this season.

I'd agree, given Trott's previous England record I also thought he was due a chance at opener, but when it became painfully obvious that it wasn't working then Lyth should also have been given his chance. I can see Trott going on to have a similar career to Trescothick now.

I would've had Lyth or Hales ahead of him and maybe even Taylor at a push with someone else opening.

Now they're going to be thrown in against a superior attack in what you imagine will be bowler friendly conditions.

England's ODI against Ireland has been abandoned for rain after only 18 overs.

Ireland were on 56-4 after England had won the toss and put Ireland in to bat.

England team was

Alex Hales

Jason Roy

James Taylor ©

James Vince

Zafar Ansari

Jonny Bairstow (W)

Adil Rashid

Tim Bresnan

David Willey

Mark Wood

Steven Finn

England next game will be against New Zealand in the 1st test which starts on 21 May.

Peter Moores has just been sacked. Jason Gillespie favourite to take over. Justin Langer also tipped. Yes please to either.

Bagged just a couple of hours after Strauss was confirmed as the new director of cricket, a job for which the job description still seems to be very vague.

Bagged just a couple of hours after Strauss was confirmed as the new director of cricket, a job for which the job description still seems to be very vague.

Yep. Can't imagine there's any need for a chairman of selectors though.

Yep. Can't imagine there's any need for a chairman of selectors though.

It was already looking like that though with Moores and Cook steadfastly ignoring some of the players selected for the Windies tour, when it was the ideal chance to have a look at the likes of Lyth and Rashid.

If you drop bell to 6 at this stage of his career might as well drop him. Never been a massive bell fan so for me if kp gets a slot it is the one bell vacates. I would take that just dont think that is how selectors will see it.

Kevin Pietersen currently on 224 not out batting for Surrey against Leicestershire.

Andrew Strauss newly appointed England director will reportedly make a decision on the Kevin Pietersen international future on Tuesday.