The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Good luck to Scotland today. Obviously I also say this out of self-interest as our only chance to qualify is if Scotland win today. However, with how the ICC have been treating associates, the more of "us" who perform well the more they will have to take notice of the associates. Both the ODI & T20 world cups have had structures aimed at keeping associates out. With the amount of times both Scotland and ourselves have impressed against the "big" nations (like us beating South Africa at the T20 World Cup), both have more than showed that we can compete with the lesser full members. Thankfully both world cups will be opened up more but there is still some way to go. That's reason enough to hope any associate will make it.

Given up. Scotland's intent early on was pathetic. Who plods along at three an over in the powerplay? They've given themselves absolutely nothing to build on and are now suffering for it.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

I thought the Zimmer pacers bowled quite well and it doesn't look an easy wicket to get the ball away on. Slowcoaching to 50 is fine, but then you have to accelerate and that hasn't happened due to the spinners keeping it really tight. I didn't have any issue with the start because 250'ish would have been a decent total, but the acceleration just hasn't happened. Looking at 200 and having to skittle Zimbabwe now.