The Cricket Thread

bewlay

15 minutes ago, jaggyness said:

With Stokes gone I'd be getting wood in next so he's not running off the pitch straight into bowling, Woakes after him then declare irrespective of the score

Especially if Wood does his usual quick 20 in 2 overs cameo.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

4 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

They may well do that soon.

Yeah.  At the moment Australia are giving them free singles.  It’d be rude not to take ‘em.   Absolutely no idea what the Australian game plan is here.  

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

4th fastest 500 in test history. 

Wonder if they will declare at lunch or just bat another half hour?

Don't see any point in broad wasting energy coming out and swinging wildly at everything for 10 minutes for the sake of a handful of runs. Declare now and make the most of the time you have

3 minutes ago, jaggyness said:

Don't see any point in broad wasting energy coming out and swinging wildly at everything for 10 minutes for the sake of a handful of runs. Declare now and make the most of the time you have

I’d say so, but the Australian team would not really enjoy coming out for one over and then going back in again ten runs further behind. 

Edited by Savage Henry

7 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Bizarre they haven't declared instead of bringing Anderson on.

I think you’ve got to be able to trust Bairstow to smash some quick runs. No point coming out after lunch, hardly adding anything (as was the case when Broad fell), and then declare and lose the 2 overs/10 minutes at the change. As well to make use of the time and try make it a bat once total, which it isn’t quite yet, imo.

ETA: I’d have declared at lunch in the first place

Edited by die hard doonhamer

21 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

England must have the finest weather forecasters in the land on the payroll and are very confident they'll have enough playing time on Sunday, as they're surely not going to have time to bowl them out tonight 

I’m loving this.  Only one team is trying to win.  England winning this way will be funny as f**k.  

22 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

England must have the finest weather forecasters in the land on the payroll and are very confident they'll have enough playing time on Sunday, as they're surely not going to have time to bowl them out tonight 

Is tomorrow expected to be completely washed out?