The Cricket Thread

bewlay

54 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

That’s Sole out injured for the t20 qualifiers starting tomorrow. Big blow after his performances recently.

Replaced by Adrian Neil in the squad. Big blow, as you say, but was half expecting it after he missed Grange’s fixtures last (including their Scottish Cup semi). I believe he’s got a side strain. 

10 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Replaced by Adrian Neil in the squad. Big blow, as you say, but was half expecting it after he missed Grange’s fixtures last (including their Scottish Cup semi). I believe he’s got a side strain. 

Adrian Neill is a big haddy medium pacer. Have seen nothing of him in a Scotland kit to suggest he should still be picking up caps. Albeit have said that about the likes of Ali Evans for years and he still manages to get into squads.

14 hours ago, PB1994 said:

That’s Sole out injured for the t20 qualifiers starting tomorrow. Big blow after his performances recently.

Definitely a blow, but they really shouldn't have any trouble qualifying without him. Playing at home and the only credible opponent is Ireland. Jersey might put up a fight, but they should be humping the rest of them.

Every single BBC Crawley highlight involves him flailing at a ball at least 18 inches outside off and miles from his body.

I suppose when its middled you have to credit him for having a good eye, but it should have any coach grimacing and gnashing their teeth. Test opener my arse.

10 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Every single BBC Crawley highlight involves him flailing at a ball at least 18 inches outside off and miles from his body.

I suppose when its middled you have to credit him for having a good eye, but it should have any coach grimacing and gnashing their teeth. Test opener my arse.

Was just coming on to post similar. He's had a relatively successful series so far by his standards but boy has he had a lot of luck. There's a player there but you always feel he's just about to give his wicket away

4 hours ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

Adrian Neill is a big haddy medium pacer. Have seen nothing of him in a Scotland kit to suggest he should still be picking up caps. Albeit have said that about the likes of Ali Evans for years and he still manages to get into squads.

Agreed, but I’m not sure who should be picked ahead of him? The fact Evans got another CS contract for this year is a joke.