The Cricket Thread

bewlay

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

This is possibly the most rigged sports tournament since 1966.

Someone on TMS mentioned that if India win then it'll be three hosts that win in a row, which is one thing. But they then said that India had basically made the schedule, so that they had big breaks before playing the favourites, and chose a qualifier to play last in case they needed a run rate boost, and had the semi's and final set out to minimise their travelling? It's enough having the support from the crowds and favorable conditions but if that's all true and they've had an input in pitch preparation then that's way too much influence. 

20 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Have to hope the Saffers win, because an India v Aus final can get right in the bin.

Looking highly unlikely at the moment. SA won the toss and batted, but Australia's bowlers were right on it from the start and had the Saffers at 24-4 inside 12 overs. Only a David Miller ton dragged them up to 212. 

Head and Warner going hard from the off and have just passed 50 from 33 balls. This could be done and dusted very quickly.

Labuschagne survives on umpire's call on an lbw shout, can't really blame the umpire for not giving it out, it pitched way outside off stump and spun back miles. It was hitting the stumps but was umpire's call on the point of impact. You could tell Labuschagne thought he was a goner once it went upstairs.

As much as I dislike Australia I'm delighted to see them ragdolling the reprehensible Indian side.

The BCCI are the bully boys of cricket, destroying the world game for their own cash making agenda.

Add in the blatant doctoring of pitches,  deliberately awful scheduling and poor handling of the world cup I'd be particularly happy to see them lose this.

Chuck in the vile Kohli they are incredibly unlikeable.

Pleasing.

Just now, Aubrey Maturin said:

As much as I dislike Australia I'm delighted to see them ragdolling the reprehensible Indian side.

The BCCI are the bully boys of cricket, destroying the world game for their own cash making agenda.

Add in the blatant doctoring of pitches,  deliberately awful scheduling and poor handling of the world cup I'd be particularly happy to see them lose this.

Chuck in the vile Kohli they are incredibly unlikeable.

Pleasing.

And the fact their fans are as arrogant and entitled as the worst of any sort of England, Australia, and South Africans combined