The Cricket Thread

bewlay

All out for 155. A truly pathetic total, but better than it looked like they'd get when Bell was trudging back to the pavilion.

Aussies close on 140-4, a lead of about 310. I imagine Rogers will make his ton, and they'll be told to cut loose once the lead is about 400. They'll then have 2 and a bit days to bowl out England for 5-0. So really, barring a weather disaster, it's a mere formality.

Stokes will be England's only high point of the tour. The rest have been criminally poor. Broad's taken a few wickets but far from cheaply. Cook's mentally shot, Carberry was a disaster of a player, Bell not his reliable self, and KP a selfish, over-rated dick.

The Aussies only real failure is probably Bailey. The bowling attack though has been magnificent, applying constant pressure, and mixing it well with MJ's brutal pace and hostility. It's been great to watch. Australia's problem is the top of the batting order. It's shite, but hasn't been truly exposed as England have been so absolutely woeful.

Guest The Phoenix

KP a selfish, over-rated dick.

Don't forget his nuts...

KP-Salted-Peanuts-500x500.jpg

On a more serious note, the capitulations of England throughout this series leave serious question marks over the heads of every single senior player in the squad.

Not something Australia like doing these days - forcing the follow-on.

They got caught out by India a few years back and if there is plenty of time will prefer the oppo to bat the 4th innings.

But as you edited - did not come to light anyhow.

May avoid the follow on.

Edited ...........or not. 112/8

See all these commentaters like Atherton, Hussain and Strauss, why are they not volunteering to help out instead of sitting there moaning about how shite they are now?

Fair point.

I heard / read the other day that there are 7 ex England captains on the tour doing media.

It must be soul-destroying listening to them telling you what you are doing wrong, day in day out.

There was a 5 minute chat last night about who could be on the selectors panel.

They came up with about a dozen names, but as you say - did not put themselves forward.

The Sky lucre is telling.

Edited by Klanky

TBF, a large number of the former captains commentating on the current farce presided over some utterly humiliating cricket. Strauss got a bit lucky in getting the "early days" of the first solid team for years, but some of Atherton, Gooch and Hussain's teams were risibly bad.

All out for 155. A truly pathetic total, but better than it looked like they'd get when Bell was trudging back to the pavilion.

Aussies close on 140-4, a lead of about 310. I imagine Rogers will make his ton, and they'll be told to cut loose once the lead is about 400. They'll then have 2 and a bit days to bowl out England for 5-0. So really, barring a weather disaster, it's a mere formality.

Stokes will be England's only high point of the tour. The rest have been criminally poor. Broad's taken a few wickets but far from cheaply. Cook's mentally shot, Carberry was a disaster of a player, Bell not his reliable self, and KP a selfish, over-rated dick.

The Aussies only real failure is probably Bailey. The bowling attack though has been magnificent, applying constant pressure, and mixing it well with MJ's brutal pace and hostility. It's been great to watch. Australia's problem is the top of the batting order. It's shite, but hasn't been truly exposed as England have been so absolutely woeful.

Carberry, who is hardly experienced, has not had much luck in the last couple of innings but he's actually been one of the more reliable batsmen- getting plenty of starts, but failing to kick on.

would keep him on at least for the first series of the summer to see how he does in English conditions.

A total clear out is needed; sack the entire coaching staff and start again. The selections panel needs gutting, too.

It's the end of the road for Cook as captain, he has to go. I'd give the capataincy to Broad.

We've seen the last of Trott for a while, Prior won't be around long, nor will KP. It's transition time for England and the whole set up seems sclerotic and horrilbe at present. I think the transition might last quite a long time.

Carberry, who is hardly experienced, has not had much luck in the last couple of innings but he's actually been one of the more reliable batsmen- getting plenty of starts, but failing to kick on.

would keep him on at least for the first series of the summer to see how he does in English conditions.

A total clear out is needed; sack the entire coaching staff and start again. The selections panel needs gutting, too.

It's the end of the road for Cook as captain, he has to go. I'd give the capataincy to Broad.

We've seen the last of Trott for a while, Prior won't be around long, nor will KP. It's transition time for England and the whole set up seems sclerotic and horrilbe at present. I think the transition might last quite a long time.

Broad would be a terrible captain.

Cook needs another series to see how he responds. His team are shell-shocked right now.

I agree, Broad is too emotional to be a test captain. I think a fast bowler as a captain is a bad idea in general though.

In saying that I don't really see much captain material in the England side. Cook had been very conservative since taking over, Michael Vaughan, he certainly is not.

Just watched a bit this morning and England just seem to get worse and worse. Only Stokes has enhanced his reputation. Difficult to know where they go from here but I would only keep Cook - not as captain, Bell, Stokes, Broad and Anderson.

Just watched a bit this morning and England just seem to get worse and worse. Only Stokes has enhanced his reputation. Difficult to know where they go from here but I would only keep Cook - not as captain, Bell, Stokes, Broad and Anderson.

Yup.

Cook, relieved of the Captaincy burden would again be a fine batsman, in a few months. This series has mentally destroyed him.