The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Andrew Symonds in trouble again!

CONTROVERSIAL Australian allrounder Andrew Symonds is expected to be charged by Cricket Australia this afternoon for a code of conduct offence.

Symonds will be charged under CA's code of behaviour for making detrimental public comments about an opponent.

During a rambling and alcohol-fuelled radio outburst last week, Symonds called Kiwi batsman Brendon McCullum a "lump of shit".

The comments were in reference to the Kiwi's signing by NSW for the final of the domestic Twenty20 competition.

If found guilty, Symonds could face a suspension or a fine of up to $5750.

I'm hoping Shah will do / have done enough to get the Test spot from Bell. And assure him he'll be given a proper run at it this time whatever happens in the first couple of Tests.

He's scratched his retina now, lets hope he makes it back for the 4th.

I'm hoping Shah will do / have done enough to get the Test spot from Bell. And assure him he'll be given a proper run at it this time whatever happens in the first couple of Tests.

Jimmy Anderson averaged more than Bell in India. If that isn't enough to drop him then nothing short of Bell dropping dead is going to get Shah into that line up.

TMS is never, and will never, quite be the same without Big Bill. One or two moving obituaries from the TMS commentary team on the radio and TV this evening. I'm sure the first test will be quite emotional.

Aussie cricket at an all time low now, beaten by the Kiwis in the first ODI.

Bit of needle as well now after Haddin knocked the bails off when collecting the ball and Neil Broom was given out bowled even though the ball never hit the stumps.

Bell will probably average about 87 this series and then go back to being shit for the Ashes.

Bell will probably average about 87 this series and then go back to being shit for the Ashes.

I can see that happening too, a bit like the way Hick used to do just enough when the pressure was off in order to keep his place and fail again when the crunch game. I've defended Bell up to now but even I think it's time to give Shah a run at it.

Its funny how that top 10 was from a kiwi website, oh how they wish they had him playing for them :lol: Fact is he would have walked into any cricket team in the world at ease. Great career Matty ;)

Where have you been hiding sunshine?

Apparently, according to Aggers, James Anderson was keeping wicket in practice today. You could almost hear the exasperation in his voice when he said it.

Bell over Shah, Monty over Swann and Sideshow Ryan over Anderson seemingly.

Oh for the return of TMS tomorrow. I'm genuinely excited. It's one of my favourite things in the world, Test Match Special, although not quite as good as when it was only available on Radio 4 LW.

Some sort of awards ceremony for Aussie cricketers last night (Allan Border medal). How in the name of feck can Ricky Ponting win Best Cricketer of the Year? His skills with the bat should be completely negated by his team's cuffing by India, South Africa and probable tanning by New Zealand.

Apparently, according to Aggers, James Anderson was keeping wicket in practice today. You could almost hear the exasperation in his voice when he said it.

You never know, Strauss refused to confirm the team so there may be a surprise to come. That looks to be the most likely though. All of those decisions are close calls and I'm not necessarily bothered about any of them individually, but the overall impression is of same-old / same-old, particularly for Bell and Panesar. In Anderson's case I want him to be better than Sidebottom, 'cause he's a bit quicker and more likely to trouble the Aussies *if* he can find his best form, but you can't really say he's been justifying it lately. Still hopefully he'll come good in home conditions again this summer though. Or, better still, Simon Jones might start the county season in blistering form and overtake both of them.

Mind, last time they sprung an on-the-day surprise on us it was Darren Pattinson, so maybe there's something to be said for same-old / same-old.

Some sort of awards ceremony for Aussie cricketers last night (Allan Border medal). How in the name of feck can Ricky Ponting win Best Cricketer of the Year? His skills with the bat should be completely negated by his team's cuffing by India, South Africa and probable tanning by New Zealand.

Who else would you give it to? Ponting is still a very fine cricketer, one of the greats.

Oh for the return of TMS tomorrow. I'm genuinely excited. It's one of my favourite things in the world, Test Match Special, although not quite as good as when it was only available on Radio 4 LW.

Looking forward to this. Lets hope it is a good wicket.I think we are in for a close series.