The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Why?

Always been my team since '76 when Lloyd, Richards et al made Tony Greig eat his words.

I actually thought England bowled really well today, if they can get the West Indies out for less than 400, it's going to be a cracking game.

Yeah in recent years the West Indies team has often crumbled in pressure situations and it's a long time since the tail wagged (there's a short article on cricinfo on this subject) you'd have to say England have the more explosive bowlers so as others have mentioned it's nicely poised.

Car crash cricket from England- happy for the West Indies though, would be great if they got back to being a decent team.

Being ripped out for 46 by Curtly Ambrose on a flier is excusable, getting dicked by Jerome Taylor and Suliman Benn for 51 on a slow flat wicket is ridiculous.

3rd lowest total ever by England.

Got home from my post match drink and put on the radio and was a tad confused when Agnew said "and Sidebottom lets that one go through to the keeper", WTF is going on i thought, there's no way the WI have been bowled out then ploughed through the English so quickly. But there it is, 51-9 before i came on p&b and England are looking at an innings defeat, with the Aussies looking so fragile the English should be looking to lift their game and take the ashes with relative ease. Not making an arse of the build up like they are.

Before slaggging off England, credit has to go to the West Indies who played very well, hats off.

But still, that was a shambles and there needs to be a bit of an inquest. No need for knee-jerk reactions or wholesale changes but dropping Bell, at least, is not exactly going to be knee-jerk - his own mother would struggle to argue he hasn't had a fair crack of the whip. Whether there'll be any more changes, I don't know.

I had England to win this series 2-1; so there's the 1 but the manner of the defeat has to cast some doubt on England's ability to hit back.

Is there anything more annoying than God-bothering sportsment thanking God in their interviews? Taylor just did it. What about the times you've went round the park Jerome? Was God having a day off on those days?

Well deserved MOM award right enough, based on his figures although I haven't seen his 2nd innings spell yet, got in when it was 49/7.

If Strauss wasn't captain he'd be dropped for the next test. As it is, Monty, Harmison and Bell are going to carry the can for the entire debacle.

Would he f**k, for who for a start, never mind the stack on runs his opening partner has scored recently too.

Bell will go for Shah, possibly Monty out for Swann, other than that there's not many changes they can make.