The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Wasn't slagging him off, I like him too, but he's a bit set in his ways in some respects.

Boycs is a piece of woman beating shit <_<

As Botham said in his autobiography "great player, strange man"

They can announce it half an hour before play (give or take). Would be quite surprised if they name it before Friday, they'll probably want to make a late decision on whether to play 2 spinners or not.

Do they drop Harmison? I think they will. Anderson gives away to many runs and by all accounts the wicket is flat.I think they may go for two spinners.Course they could drop Monty.

Shah for Bell?

Anderson isn't pish, he had a very good summer last year. I can't think of a single occasion of him producing that sort of form overseas though.

Anderpish's amazing when it's suitable conditions (i.e when the balls swinging) however unlike his predicessor (Hoggard) he goes at about 5's when things aren't going his way.

Anderson isn't pish, he had a very good summer last year. I can't think of a single occasion of him producing that sort of form overseas though.

He also had a better average with the bat in India than Bell. Mind you, I think I could use a toothpick as a bat just now and still score higher than Bell.

Scoring more than 51 runs might help as well Andrew.

Does anybody know why Ravi Bopara isn't on the tour? With all this talk of Bell being dropped I think Collingwood is getting too much of an easy ride. He should be punted for the infinitely more talented Bopara. Get the gingers out!!!!

Edited by Shengus Khan

Scoring more than 51 runs might help as well Andrew.

Does anybody know why Ravi Bopara isn't on the tour? With all this talk of Bell being dropped I think Collingwood is getting too much of an easy ride. He should be punted for the infinitely more talented Bopara. Get the gingers out!!!!

Mike Selvey asked Bell how he felt about that particular capitulation. His answer, and I quote, "Just one of those days."

I think that was on the cards.The pitch is by all accounts sand and the wicket flat and slow. Not sure if i can see England getting 20 wickets.

The pitch is horrible. I can see where you are coming from and they need a mamouth effort from someone to take the 20 wickets. I fancy Sidebottom to take 10 wickets(overall) bet he gets none

Bell and Harmy out Shah and Jimmy Anderson in

:D

Hopefully Shah will be given a run of 10 or so tests so he can really find his feet. I do, however, fully expect him to be tossed aside for the ginger failure if he doesn't average something fairly spectacular in these next 2 matches.

Only Bopara, Rob Key and Simon Jones to come in now!!!

Play has stopped due to concerns of the pitch. The WICB are looking really stupid right now. I dont know what they can do to fix the pitch, NOTHING. Game in doubt

EDIT: PLAY ABANDONED FOR THE DAY!! Looking to relocate the test. An embarrasment

Edited by Cowden til i die