The Cricket Thread

bewlay

On 28/04/2024 at 04:26, die hard doonhamer said:

Played a pre-season game yesterday. I’ve never been so cold on a cricket pitch, I was sat scoring the book in our batting innings with 5 layers on. Late April should not be this cold. 

I started bowling with tennis balls last week in an attempt to make another comeback. I'd played 25 straight seasons until covid, and haven't thrown anything since. My arm didn't fall off, so we're still on track.

Also been playing the cricket game on meta quest to get my eye in. It's not the same, but still fun.

2 minutes ago, rowsdower said:

I started bowling with tennis balls last week in an attempt to make another comeback. I'd played 25 straight seasons until covid, and haven't thrown anything since. My arm didn't fall off, so we're still on track.

Also been playing the cricket game on meta quest to get my eye in. It's not the same, but still fun.

First league game yesterday, we got pumped (some late wickets made it look closer than it ever really was). 4 overs 0-18 for me, not great, not awful. On to next week we go. 

Posted (edited)

A late change of venue meant there was some minor counties NCCA T20 action at Oxton Cricket Club.  Cheshire had played Cumbria yesterday, over in The Real Housewives of Cheshire territory (I am not a viewer).  Today  they played Northumberland in a double-header.  Northumberland won the morning game and Cheshire won in the afternoon.  Both sides had players hitting fifties during an enjoyable day's play.

20240506_103425.jpg

20240506_104239.jpg

Edited by Red Kite