The Cricket Thread

bewlay

1 minute ago, Fuctifano said:

Is there something odd going on with the Saffer team? I'm not as up to date with international cricket as I was but I've heard of about 3 of these guys (Petersen, Paterson and Olivier) . Plus I've just googled the captain and he's making his test debut. 

Contract disputes or clash with T20 leagues? 

Screenshot_20240203_232651_Chrome.jpg

A ridiculous clash with T20. Yet again test cricket devalued for fiscal gain.

England made a bright start this morning with 2 early wickets, but they were unable to keep the pressure on and Indua recovered to 111-2. Stokes has just taken a great catch running towards the boundary to get Shreyas for 29. Nelson strikes again, India lead by 254.

Hartley’s reviewed wicket of Patel is one of the worst non LBW decisions I’ve ever seen.  No idea what the umpire was watching.  It was hitting the middle of middle stump and even I could see that on my phone.  

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

Hartley’s reviewed wicket of Patel is one of the worst non LBW decisions I’ve ever seen.  No idea what the umpire was watching.  It was hitting the middle of middle stump and even I could see that on my phone.  

Aye, it was a shocker, never looked to be heading anywhere else but smack in the middle of the stumps.

399 needed for the win, vital for any chances England have that they make the close without losing a wicket.

You would have thought any sniff England had went when Stokes was run out with the score then 220-7, but Hartley has come in and looked decent again.

Scrub that, just as I typed it Foakes hit one straight back to Bumrah. 275-8.

6 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

You would have thought any sniff England had went when Stokes was run out with the score then 220-7, but Hartley has come in and looked decent again.

Scrub that, just as I typed it Foakes hit one straight back to Bumrah. 275-8.

Hartley looks a real find.  

25 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Hartley looks a real find.  

Defo, some handy runs with 21 being his worst score so far. Bowling well too, Leach will find it hard to get back in the team when they go back to just 1 spinner imo.

28 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

7 England batsmen get more than 20 but only 1 of them  got past 36. Pretty poor even in India.

It’s been similar in every innings

India 1st - 8 to 14+, 1 over 34

Eng 1st - 6 21+, only 2 got beyond 25

India 2nd - another 6 with starts, only 1 really went on

Weird game in that regard, a few left scores out there. 

3 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

It’s been similar in every innings

India 1st - 8 to 14+, 1 over 34

Eng 1st - 6 21+, only 2 got beyond 25

India 2nd - another 6 with starts, only 1 really went on

Weird game in that regard, a few left scores out there. 

Another exceptionally dodgy piece of umpiring didn’t help Crawley’s cause.  Can only think the TV ump pressed the wrong button.    

Another enjoyable test.  Good series this.  

• 2 weeks later...

Said it often, but a fully fit Mark Wood is a fantastic weapon for England, might even be there best pace option these days. 2 early wickets has India up against it. Unfortunately he is made of chocolate and you often wonder if he will make it through the match, never mind a series.

Not something I've seen before, but England have 5 runs on the board already after India were penalised for their batsmen running on the wicket. 

India 373-7 with Ashwin and Jurel forging an irritating partnership.

6 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Not something I've seen before, but England have 5 runs on the board already after India were penalised for their batsmen running on the wicket. 

India 373-7 with Ashwin and Jurel forging an irritating partnership.

I think the runs should be deducted from the batsman in that case.