The Cricket Thread

bewlay

18 minutes ago, Aubrey Maturin said:

Incredibly brainless cricket from England this morning.

Drivel.

Yep, I get they want to play positively, bit sometimes you have to play the situation,  and not for the first time they failed miserably in that respect.

4 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Yep, I get they want to play positively, bit sometimes you have to play the situation,  and not for the first time they failed miserably in that respect.

The first time it happened you're like ok they will learn from that.

Instead they keep doing it and they have thrown away a chance of winning this test 

It's negligent from Stokes/Mccullum once again.

13 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

I’ve only just checked the score and can’t believe they were all out for 319! What the f**k happened!?

No patience, a stubborn resistance to admit that a match is allowed to last 5 days if it has to for you to win. Feel sorry for Duckett, all his hard graft chucked in the bin.

2 hours ago, peasy23 said:

No patience, a stubborn resistance to admit that a match is allowed to last 5 days if it has to for you to win. Feel sorry for Duckett, all his hard graft chucked in the bin.

I genuinely can't watch this England side play Tests any more. For every example of Stokes heroics where they blat their way to 500 on the final day or something, there are countless numbers of times they play utterly moronic cricket and deservedly get humped. It's infuriating, and I will not subject myself to it any longer.

India currently 367 ahead and will certainly require England to make a record breaking Fourth Innings total to win - how does Bazball affect the timing of India's declaration? 

Indian offspinner R. Ashwin is back and will be available to bowl for India in England's Second Innings.

India declare 556 ahead 

Edited by btb

England 28/4

Gonna take a lot to drag this game away from India...

Poor Foakes - after 98 overs behind the wicket in extreme heat he'd have wanted a lot longer before having to go back out to bat.

FFS - Barely finished typing before Stokes gets out.

7 now and England still need 15 runs to avoid making it into the Test cricket's Top 5 biggest defeats.

Edited by btb

23 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Brilliant, Spain like to get involved in remarkable matches. They also have the record of the fastest ever run chase in T20 international cricket, by chasing their target of 11 against Isle of Man (they got them 10 all out!) in only 2 balls. They hit 2 sixes. 🤣

Root playing more  like we know he can, and Foakes providing good support as they help England recover from 112-5. 

As usual some of the wickets were down to poor shots, but the ball that got Stokes virtually ran along the ground, absolutely nothing he could do.