The Cricket Thread

bewlay

What an absolute farce.

Just switched on Sky there just now, looking forward to a few hours play and it's been abandonded.

As the boy on the BBC Live Text said, these boys in Antigua couldn't even run a bath.

Breaking news is that the test is abandoned and will restart at the old Antigua ground (the one where Lara got 375 and 400*) on Sunday.

A much better ground (as in the atmosphere) although not sure how the pitch and outfield can be turned around in less than 48 hours though.

edit: wonder if they'll bring Harmison back in for Sidebottom if the pitch is a bit uneven?

Edited by Fuctifano

Really sorry for Sir Viv i was lucky to see him play and he was one of the greatest players i have ever see. And a nice guy,he his very embarrassed by this.

Heard Sir G Boycott on 5 live he said the stadium was built by the Chinese,is the drainage up to it etc?

Anyway there will be repercussions for the Windies cricket boys. Fans happy to being going to the the Rec cracking old style W Indies ground.

As some of the posts say interesting to see if the team changes.Swap low and flat for Uneven bounce and short boundaries.

He was raging yesterday.

Well, in a West Indian way, which sounded laconic still.

No other nation can do such a fantastic combination of laid back and absolutely furious. I think the Windies tests are my favourite on TMS.

As for tomorrow's test, should it go ahead, I see it's a bit of a bouncer. Harmison may get an unexpected recall.

No other nation can do such a fantastic combination of laid back and absolutely furious. I think the Windies tests are my favourite on TMS.

Tony Cozier is about the only guy that can actually sound genuinely pissed off about anything.

Windies tests are absolutely my favs. Good times of the day in the UK, great local commentators. Even the new scoresheet guy they have got in sounds a bit of a character.

England bring in Harmison and Swann for Sidebottom and Panesar, the pitch is expected to be uneven and do lots off the seam, and it was nailed-on that whoever won the toss would field...

which the West Indies have done.

Looking forward to this.

Well, it looks as if the pre-match predictions of a terror track are way off the mark, England 206/1 at tea, Strauss with an unbeaten ton.

West Indies have been bowling three spinners but it's doing bugger all for either the quicks or the spinners. Couple of lifters with the new ball but it's played like a road since.

England *should* be looking at 450+ but a collapse is never far away with this lot.