The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Guest Moomintroll
9 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

This could be a fantastic day, hopefully nick another quick one and we can wave goodbye to the reprehensible Bcci and Mr Kohli.

Just awaiting breaking news the the vile creature that is Warner has slipped in the shower and broken his wrist.

Maybe Sonny Bill will show up & enquire as to why the vile cretin never seems to want to bully or threaten him.

Guest Moomintroll
4 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

I would pay to watch that.

It would not last very long but it would be worth every penny.

Guest Moomintroll

Going to be some fun riots in India today. Have always wanted England (& Wales) to win when watching cricket but would be equally happy for the Kiwis to win it.

This could be a fantastic day, hopefully nick another quick one and we can wave goodbye to the reprehensible Bcci and Mr Kohli.
Just awaiting breaking news the the vile creature that is Warner has slipped in the shower and broken his wrist.

Sadly I feel like this tournament is all going to Warner’s way...

India 43-4 through 14.2 as I write this. Getting about 9/4 odds on them. I am putting it on. As odd a player as he's been lately I think Dhoni is the man you want in waiting for this task. Most importantly what a game we have. I was expecting a formality. Great to see

India 43-4 through 14.2 as I write this. Getting about 9/4 odds on them. I am putting it on. As odd a player as he's been lately I think Dhoni is the man you want in waiting for this task. Most importantly what a game we have. I was expecting a formality. Great to see

Pant and Pandya are both explosive guys but not usually ones you’d see stick through an innings. I honestly was surprised Dhoni never came in before Pandya.

I think the rationale must be that when Dhoni goes it is as good as done so keep him a bit further back? I agree it surprised me as well but that's the only logic I can think of. This is a massive moment for Pant to prove his worth. Everyone knows he can be explosive but can he put an innings on his back

Guest Moomintroll
5 minutes ago, ScottishZizou said:

Not going to lie, I am concerned that MSD might come out here & launch a GIRFUY at all his critics as some of the stick he has been taking from the Indian fans & media is incredible given what he has done over the years. The Kiwis are still the overwhelming favourites at this point however.

I think the rationale must be that when Dhoni goes it is as good as done so keep him a bit further back? I agree it surprised me as well but that's the only logic I can think of. This is a massive moment for Pant to prove his worth. Everyone knows he can be explosive but can he put an innings on his back

That’s probably it, as well as Dhoni’s poor form. The run rate is gradually increasing though (and they don’t have a high target anyway) so if Pant and Pandya can stick in for a while then it could get interesting.

2 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

Not going to lie, I am concerned that MSD might come out here & launch a GIRFUY at all his critics as some of the stick he has been taking from the Indian fans & media is incredible given what he has done over the years. The Kiwis are still the overwhelming favourites at this point however.

I would agree Kiwis are still big favourites. India need this partnership to last a long time. What's your thoughts on whether any bowlers non Pandya could cause late damage. Might come down to that

Guest Moomintroll
2 minutes ago, ScottishZizou said:

I would agree Kiwis are still big favourites. India need this partnership to last a long time. What's your thoughts on whether any bowlers non Pandya could cause late damage. Might come down to that

Ravi Jadeja & Bhuvi are capable but will be very difficult in these conditions, Jadeja is more likely to score at the rate required & actually has a fairly decent average for a Number 8. Still cant see it happening but if they got to say 150-5 it might start getting interesting.

Despite his reputation as the “best finisher in cricket” Dhoni hasn’t actually been a good finisher for about 10 years. Consistently lets the run rate get out of hand. I think it was the right call from India to go with these two before him.