The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Totally disagree. One day style innings is the order of the day here, that was absolutely the right shot to play, he just got it wrong.
If anything he played it half arsed instead of fully committing to it, but definitely the right way to play. 421 lead at lunch.

I really don't know why you would want to put Broad and Anderson in to bat, just keep them fresh to open the bowling. 421 is plenty enough of a lead, look for 450 if Curran and Sibley can get there, but declare if one if them goes before that.

4 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

If anything he played it half arsed instead of fully committing to it, but definitely the right way to play. 421 lead at lunch.

I really don't know why you would want to put Broad and Anderson in to bat, just keep them fresh to open the bowling. 421 is plenty enough of a lead, look for 450 if Curran and Sibley can get there, but declare if one if them goes before that.

Fair point. although Broad or Anderson only face about 20 balls in an average innings so I'm not sure how tired they could get

Fair point. although Broad or Anderson only face about 20 balls in an average innings so I'm not sure how tired they could get

Think the stat before this test was that Broad had faced 30 balls in 3 matches, and had been dismissed 6 times. I know they wouldn't be out there for too long, but there is really no need for them to go out there at all.

Declaration comes at 391-8, a lead of 437. Sibley finishes 133 not out.
Brilliant innings. He suddenly found himself as the senior opening batsman in only his 4th match, and although he played a slack shot to get out in the first innings, he was very patient second time around.

36 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
45 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Think the stat before this test was that Broad had faced 30 balls in 3 matches, and had been dismissed 6 times. I know they wouldn't be out there for too long, but there is really no need for them to go out there at all.

I just meant that if it is a mistake then it's not a big mistake

Meanwhile in the BBL, Heat vs Thunder reduced to 8 overs a side. Tom Banton out for 56 off 19 balls and Chris Lynn out for 31 off 13. They had 90 midway through the 4th over.

Very much looking forward to seeing the highlights of Banton’s innings.

24th Test Hundred for Dave Warner
Ended up another humping, Australia declaring and setting NZ a target of 416, and batting a man short with Henry injured.

Ross Taylor's 22 put him ahead of Stephen Fleming as the Kiwis highest test run scorer, but they were 38-5 when he went. They ended up skittled for 136, with Lyon taking 5-50.