The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Quite enjoy watching NZ cricket from provincial grounds. In the First Test at Seddon Park, Hamilton Kane Williamson made 251 and Kyle Jamieson 51no, his maiden Test half century. NZ declared at 519/7. West Indies 5/0 after 4 overs.  
Day 3 did not go well for the Windies. Dowrich not batting through injury, they were out for just 138 in their first innings. NZ enforced the follow on and the Windies were 196-6 at the close. They did rally from being 89-6 with Blackwood on 80 and Joseph on 59.

Doubts over the rest of England's tour in SA after a positive Covid test from one of the home players, despite both squads being in a secure bubble in the same hotel. Always the possibility that it was a false positive though.

South Africa v England: Could tour be called off after coronavirus case? - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/55191122

Doubts over the rest of England's tour in SA after a positive Covid test from one of the home players, despite both squads being in a secure bubble in the same hotel. Always the possibility that it was a false positive though.

South Africa v England: Could tour be called off after coronavirus case? - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/55191122
Now confirmed that the match tomorrow will take place and providing no further positive tests the remaining two will also.

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:

Day 3 did not go well for the Windies. Dowrich not batting through injury, they were out for just 138 in their first innings. NZ enforced the follow on and the Windies were 196-6 at the close. They did rally from being 89-6 with Blackwood on 80 and Joseph on 59.

That is some collapse from 49/0 at close the day before.

2 hours ago, jaggyness said:

First ODI in SA cancelled after two members of staff at the hotel England are staying at test positive for Covid-19

Two members of the England party have also returned unconfirmed positive tests (which is why the game was cancelled, rather than the hotel staff). 

If there are no more positive tests then games will likely be played on Tuesday and Wednesday. Any more positive tests and I'd expect the series to be scrapped, with England due to fly home on Thursday.

At the Basin Reserve, Wellington in only his 4th Test Kyle Jamieson takes his second 5 for with 5/34 from 13 overs. Henry Nicholls scored 174 as New Zealand made 460. West Indies are 124/8 at the end of Day 3 and probably following on early tomorrow. Ross Taylor has been dropped from the NZ T20 squad for the 3 games v Pakistan.

India currently 177/3 in first test against Australia.   Kohli 73 not out in a d/n test.
Hate what they have done to the Adelaide Oval, a charming ground now turned into a concrete mess.
Kohli getting run out in horrendous fashion by rahani.

223-6 now, and the aussies on top.

I'm wondering why India aren't going for it a bit more.

(as i say that they hit another 6)

9 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Kohli getting run out in horrendous fashion by rahani.

223-6 now, and the aussies on top.

I'm wondering why India aren't going for it a bit more.

(as i say that they hit another 6)

Good I really don't like Kohli, arrogant little man and the perfect representative of the truly repugnant ICB.

As much as I don't like the Aussies I'd take anyone beating the bully boys of International cricket.

Watching the first NZ v Pakistan T20 from Eden Park in preference to Aus v india. Pakistan 51/5 after 11 overs. Jason Duffy on debut has taken 3/13 from 3 overs.

ETA: That should read Jacob Duffy not Jason. Now 73/5 after 13.

Edited by Eednud