The Cricket Thread

bewlay

49 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Kohli yesterday - umpire's call should be done away with, if ball tracker shows it is hitting the stumps it should be out.

First review of the game - Dhawan survives an lbw appeal on umpire's call.

Kohli, as I've stated on many occasions, is an absolute c**t.

However, I agree with him here. The tech is surely now good enough that, if not removed completely, the umpires call margin can at least be reduced. 

3 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Kohli, as I've stated on many occasions, is an absolute c**t.

However, I agree with him here. The tech is surely now good enough that, if not removed completely, the umpires call margin can at least be reduced. 

It’s too generous to the umpire, I grant you.  But I think football is showing how an umpire’s call is pretty essential.  

I don’t really have too much of an issue with it.  I think cricket got it right, where football got it so, so wrong.  My main gripe is with the odd ball tracker which grossly exaggerates the bounce, but for the most part it works.

4 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

It's amazing how the momentum can shift so quickly. India seemed to be quite comfortable, but England then hit 22 off an over, 10 off one a couple later, and all of a sudden some worried faces on the Indian side.

Going at a T20 scoring rate here, with all the batting still to come it is hard to see India coming back from this opening partnership.

Missed the India innings but very much enjoying Roy and Bairstow smash the Indian bowlers all around the place. Been mighty impressive from Bairstow in particular so far
It's hard to believe that the T20 Bairstow is the same guy who looks completely inept in the Test team.