The Cricket Thread

bewlay

With tomorrows weather forecast you get the feeling England should have declared earlier especially asSangakkara looks like he is in the for the long haul.

:rolleyes:

With tomorrows weather forecast you get the feeling England should have declared earlier especially asSangakkara looks like he is in the for the long haul.

England will have known what the weather forecast was. What they probably hoped for was to knock down a few of them quickly and maybe claim the extra half hour at the end of the day if they could. The weather has wrecked this one really.

And Broad needs to be dropped. His batting used to be an excuse to keep him in there but there must be a more useful option out there than him. He should never be given the new ball ever again either, he is a third or fourth change bowler at best. I'd persist with Finn even though he is a bit erratic at times. He needs to be given as much of a chance as Broad has had at least.

...but Broad is the future, he's brilliant :unsure:

Damn, I'm good :lol:

Off to Headers for the ODI next week - cannae wait.

• 2 weeks later...

Well that was a tad one sided - Friday better be a better match.

Off to Headers for the ODI next week - cannae wait.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Feckin shambles from start to finish - piss poor fielding, inept bowling, dodgy batting and Trott (who I never knew was such a short arse) can GTF from the one day team.

On the plus side I saw Sid Waddell.

Slower than a week in jail, chasing over 300 and he's playing a test match innings - no way he should be in the one day team.

2 from 13 balls for The Trottinator today :unsure:

tick tock tick tock

Chandimal and Matthews taking the piss here and highlighting how poor a score England had. <_<

When are England going to learn? Spinners win you games, pack your side with them and how on earth is Tremlett considered not good enough for the 50 over side, yet Dernbach :huh: is? Has Broad got a clause in his central contract, stating he must play regardless? He doesn't score runs, he doesn't take wickets. Jeeso.

Cheers. Can you pay on the gate? If the weather is decent I may head to this.

Dont know if you can pay at the gate. Check with cricket scotland. I will have to make sure you are allowed to bring beer with you rather than use the beer tent.

Dont know if you can pay at the gate. Check with cricket scotland. I will have to make sure you are allowed to bring beer with you rather than use the beer tent.

I snuck a good few cans in with me last time. It was v England and it was packed though.