The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Bell was out, the first time, and that's that. The fact that England, the team and the fans, spat the dummy I think was a bit embarrassing. You could see Morgan's reaction and i actually think Bell realised too but had to keep walking.

Well played the Indians for reinstating him in the spirit of the game. Great day of cricket.

Wonderful day of cricket, but the incident all came from the fielder's reactions. Bell was stupid, but I can quite see why he did what he did. Dhoni should have had the sense to not appeal.

Bell's a lucky boy but it was the right decision and I dint think I've ever seen him play better.

One of the few times I've watched the highlights on Five, after having watched much of it live. What a day it turned out. Some phenomenal batting from Morgan and Prior, although to say the Indian heads were down is an understatement. I'd have thought the incident with Bell would have had the opposite effect.

Moving on to Bell - he seems a bit of an arrogant twat. He doesn't seem to realise how lucky he is. He was out, pure and simple, spirit of the game or not.

I did that yesterday :lol:

I think you're being generous to Morgan who did well but for me it was Pietersen and Bell who were phenomenal and it was them who first saved the game, then took it away from India. Morgan came in at pretty good time and was up against spin on a pitch that wasn't turning.

I did that yesterday :lol:

I think you're being generous to Morgan who did well but for me it was Pietersen and Bell who were phenomenal and it was them who first saved the game, then took it away from India. Morgan came in at pretty good time and was up against spin on a pitch that wasn't turning.

Pietersens knock was terrific, agreed. It's fascinating watching him once he's out, his facial expressions tell a hundred stories - especially if he knows it was a daft one!

I think Bells stupidity has kinda blinkered my earlier posts on him - on reflection his performance was fantastic. It'll be interesting to see what is said in the coming days, because I'd imagine soon enough there will be more and more dissenting voices regarding what Dhoni had done. I can only imagine what could have been had it happened in an Ashes series!

The only reason I picked out Prior and Morgan is because they, as lower order batsmen, I'd imagine would not be expected to score as heavily as they did. Granted a lot of that may have come down to the fact that the Indian bowlers heads were bowed after the Bell incident, but there's evidence that their heads were never up over the course of the day anyway.

It'll be a fascinating day tomorrow.

wicket keeper and middle order were draws :lol:

so prior is as good as dhoni and trott, kp, bell and morgan are even with sachin, v.v.s, dravid and rainia. oh dear.

Still think Prior isn't as good as Dhoni? The Indian captain has been pretty woeful whereas Prior is my man of the series so far.

On the Bell incident he was out, Morgans reaction said it all for me and he knew he was out.

India were awful in the West Indies and they have been even worse in England. Only Drahvid looks interested. Shame for those expecting a classic series. Thus England team will hammer sides who turn up playing like India. Fletcher has it all on to get his charges going again.

Still think Prior isn't as good as Dhoni? The Indian captain has been pretty woeful whereas Prior is my man of the series so far.

On the Bell incident he was out, Morgans reaction said it all for me and he knew he was out.

Slightly ridiculous statement, wasn't it?

Bresnan's doing a Broad here too. England's batting line up is so long, it's making India look rather incompetent. No question who the best team in the world is.

I fail to see how the Indian are number 1 in the world. Without Khan they are pretty ordinary and are another ageing team, similar to Sri Lanka. England are the best team in the world right not but from what I've been reading about the new Aussie seam attack they could be back at the top soon. Not really sure what the deal with South Africa is mind, they seem to be an anomaly.

India are pathetic. Gutless chumps who are only here for the one dayers. Mind you they were shite at that too in the West Indies.

India are, ostensibly, the best in the world, and have been for quite some time. I think England are making them look bad. (Although England are playing as a team, India as a collection of individuals.).

India have never repeated home form on their travels. Rankings can say what they like. Wouldn't fancy them to win anywhere out of the sub continent when it really mattered. England are playing superbly but the opposition simply doesn't have the stomach for a fight.

I fail to see how the Indian are number 1 in the world. Without Khan they are pretty ordinary and are another ageing team, similar to Sri Lanka. England are the best team in the world right not but from what I've been reading about the new Aussie seam attack they could be back at the top soon. Not really sure what the deal with South Africa is mind, they seem to be an anomaly.

Australia haven't got a spinner good enough to back that up though. They won't be back on top.

Perfectly entitled to have one in this case. Trott's not capable of fielding.

Just wait until the one dayers. I'm sure we'll find 12th man Luke Wright getting onto the field in the last 10 overs on a few occasions. England have always pushed the sub rule to the limit. Not really in the spirit of the game an aw rat.