The Cricket Thread

bewlay

the bend in the elbow is f**k all to do with chucking as long as it doesn't straighten. if it's under 15 degrees it's fine. he's been cleared twice by the ICC. it's so depressing, every time a pakistani bowler finds us out he's accused of cheating, we never claim the aussies or saffers are cheating, there is definitely racism behind this, same with murali.

Murali was chucking. His action was illegal. Nothing racist about that at all. The 15 degree thing was introduced as a result of Murali, and can't be used to attack the umpires who called him. Ajmal will get called soon. Again, there's nothing racist about saying that.

And wasn't there an English bowler who played a couple of tests, badly, before being called for throwing in a one dayer?

Thye'd be an even better side if a couple of their best bowlers were not currently in jail for spotfixing :(

Pakistan are playing some decent cricket last few months... really seem to have their confidence back.

Actually having at least 9 or 10 players trying to win the match can't hurt either mind you. Especially behind the stumps.

Pakistan are playing some decent cricket last few months... really seem to have their confidence back.

Actually having at least 9 or 10 players trying to win the match can't hurt either mind you. Especially behind the stumps.

Good to see the bowling coach has got his act together. Those two-feet-long no balls have been cut out completely. Excellent coaching.

the bend in the elbow is f**k all to do with chucking as long as it doesn't straighten. if it's under 15 degrees it's fine. he's been cleared twice by the ICC. it's so depressing, every time a pakistani bowler finds us out he's accused of cheating, we never claim the aussies or saffers are cheating, there is definitely racism behind this, same with murali.

I am well aware of the laws of the game, thank you. You can only get so much from a photograph, but having watched Ajmal in action I have a problem with his doosra. He chucks it. That has nothing to do with racism, and does not detract from England's woeful display with the bat in the test match.

Murali was chucking. His action was illegal. Nothing racist about that at all. The 15 degree thing was introduced as a result of Murali, and can't be used to attack the umpires who called him. Ajmal will get called soon. Again, there's nothing racist about saying that.

And wasn't there an English bowler who played a couple of tests, badly, before being called for throwing in a one dayer?

James Kirtley. He wasn't too bad, I remember when he demolished the Saffers one time. Not a chucker, but was called up a bit late (think he was 28 when he played his first test, old for a bowler) and when the chucking thing came up and he was cleared, he was down the pecking order in an improving side.

James Kirtley. He wasn't too bad, I remember when he demolished the Saffers one time. Not a chucker, but was called up a bit late (think he was 28 when he played his first test, old for a bowler) and when the chucking thing came up and he was cleared, he was down the pecking order in an improving side.

Your reference to the Saffers has just reminded me that Johan Botha was called for throwing a few years back. Whilst the high profile cases have indeed involved bowlers from India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka others have been under suspicion at one time or another. Brett Lee had his moments as has Shaun Tait.

A well deserved sixer for Monty this morning.

Could still be a squeaky bum run chase if the wickets go early.

A well deserved sixer for Monty this morning.

Could still be a squeaky bum run chase if the wickets go early.

I saw Monty in Birmingham train station once. He's built like a brick shithouse. I always thought he was a wee, tubby chap, but he's not.

Looks like England will win this one. I have a feeling the first test was merely a blip.

3 down, Trott ill and unable to bat at the moment - KP gone cheaply again!

This is cracking stuff.

Morgan in at 5, this is the moment for him to show if he is a test player or just a slogger.

Edited by drs

...oh balls - Morgan goes 2nd ball. Poor shot selection. :angry:

37-4

Time for a captains innings from Strauss.

Stick a feckin nappy on Trott and get him in the middle!!

Edited by drs

Umpires call - and there he goes.

Trott with the trotts to the rescue?